Position DetailsPosition TypeCivil ServiceClassification TitleInstitutional Research Data CoordinatorPosition's Functional TitleProgrammer AnalystPosition Start Date08/01/2020Position End Date (if temporary)Position Summary
Governors State University (GSU) is seeking a Programmer Analyst (PA) to join their Institutional Research team. The Programmer Analyst is a member of the staff of the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness and is responsible for the technical work of extracting data, developing reports, and aiding in analysis and dissemination for areas across the campus and externally. The PA must utilize discretion and independent judgement in the development and management of complex research studies and projects utilizing the databases and resources available to the office. Data management responsibilities include collecting and preparing data for analysis, including assessing data quality, as well as re-coding and merging data.
The PA analysis and data extraction responsibilities range across a variety of subject areas and projects covering the entire higher education decision support spectrum, including students, faculty, the research enterprise, admissions, finances, staff, and other key institutional subject areas. The PA will occasionally collaborate with other University offices, thus strong communication and teamwork skills are necessary. The ability to present complex data in a succinct, meaningful way to a variety of audiences is essential.
Starting Salary Range: $45,766.50 to $60,000.00.
(This is a non-negotiated position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications).Minimum Qualifications
REQUIRED: COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS, WHICH INCLUDES THE EARNED DEGREE AND CONFERRED DATE MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below)
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, operations research, or other related fields with at least 12 semester hours in computer science and/or mathematical modeling.
Experience and/or training that provided knowledge, skills, and abilities comparable to those normally gained in one of the Bachelor’s degree programs listed above.
2. One (1) year (12 months) of experience in operations research and/or mathematical modeling.Preferred Qualifications
•Master’s degree in education or related professions with graduate coursework in research design, statistics, data management and/or institutional planning.
•Proficiency in Microsoft Office or related software suites, intermediate proficiency in computer programming, particularly in SQL environments
•Experience with databases and data retrieval/analysis.
•Strong interpersonal skills and professional writing experience.
• Knowledge and experience in the following:
– Website maintenance and development tools and practices
– Datatel/Colleague university data system
– PeopleAdmin system for Human Resource management
– Crystal Reports for report development
– SAP Business Objects environment for reporting; elements and identify potential cause-effect relationships
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: All College/University Transcripts or Documentation confirming High School completion or equivalent (use “Transcripts” or “Other” to attach document)
2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details)
3: Cover Letter
5: A list of three Professional References
Illinois residency required within 180 days of the hire date.
CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT EXAM DETAILS:
This vacancy involves a Credential Assessment Examination which consist of a review and rating of the applicants Education, Experience, Licenses, and other qualifications. Applicants are required to provide electronic documentation as listed above to verify that the minimum qualifications for this position has been met.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS:
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
Notes: Must be received by the closing date of this posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * If you were offered this position would you be able to obtain Illinois State Residency within 180 days of hire if you are not already an Illinois State Resident?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- * Please describe in detail how your background and experience would be applicable for this position in a College/University setting
(Open Ended Question)
- * Tell us how you maintain constant performance while under time and work load pressures.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Curriculum Vitae
- Writing/Media Samples