Assistant Director for Annual Giving--Data Analytics and Reporting
Posting DetailsVacancy TypeEHRA Non-FacultyIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleAssistant Director for Annual Giving--Data Analytics and ReportingSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with Education and Experience.Position Number00108175Work ScheduleMon-Fri 8-5, occasional nights and weekends and overnight travelFull Time Equivalent (FTE)1.0Department082001 - University DevelopmentDepartmentUniversity DevelopmentJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
North Carolina State University (NC State) was founded in 1887 with the purpose of creating economic, societal and intellectual prosperity for the people of North Carolina. Today it is the largest university in North Carolina with more than 34,000 high-performing students, 8,000 pre-eminent faculty and staff and 205,000 alumni. NC State is known for its leadership in research, education and service and as a research extensive university, is recognized for its strengths in science, engineering and technology. The University consistently ranks among the top public national universities and one of the best values in higher education.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit – University Development:
The mission of University Development within the Division of University Advancement at NC State is to raise philanthropic support for university goals and priorities that benefit our students, faculty, this campus and ultimately, the state of North Carolina. The department includes the offices of Annual Giving, Central Major Gifts, Corporate and Foundation Relations and Gift Planning.
In 2016, NC State launched the Think & Do the Extraordinary Campaign, the most ambitious fundraising effort in the history of the university with a $1.6 billion goal. Priorities include dramatically increasing endowment to benefit students and faculty, enhancing facilities and strengthening support for current operations.
Primary Purpose of Position / Job Summary:
The Assistant Director for Data Analytics and Reporting in the Office of Annual Giving reports to the Associate Director for Data Analytics and Reporting and supports the technological solutions with the goal of improving operational performance and efficiency. This position will serve as a part of the University Development’s team and will work to support and collaborate with all areas of University Advancement in conjunction with the Think & Do the Extraordinary Campaign.
The Assistant Director for Data Analytics and Reporting is responsible for working with the Associate Director managing the assessment and execution of various technology solutions in a cost‐effective to further manage strategies, mailings, segmentation and campaigns for all broad-based marketing channels. In addition, the Assistant Director will lead with reporting and service as a primary data liaison to college on technical solutions, metrics, and performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the primary system administrator for technologies managed by Annual Giving (VanillaSoft, SignalVine, RNL’s Campus Call, etc).
- Collaborate with the Annual Giving team to develop and reach annual goals and objectives for various audiences and channels; create, implement and assess segmentation, fundraising and marketing strategies for phone, mail, and web/digital channels.
- Identify and implement technological solutions with goal of improving operational performance and efficiency.
- Liaise with other campus technology administrators to ensure proper use of Advancement systems (Advance, SAS, Blackbaud, etc.)
- Develop an understanding, carry out and document the process for extracting and processing solicitation data through available technology systems and aligning with best practices.
- Perform proactive data analytics and data mining using tools for predictive modeling, clustering, and other data science methodologies.
- Address key questions around solicitation structures, clustering for segmentation, and effectiveness of current fundraising practices through data mining efforts.
- Coordinate with Annual Giving colleagues on technical and strategic aspects of implementation related to analytics findings.
- Serve as the primary person responsible for the appeal code reporting, college-based reporting, and management of the university-wide solicitation calendar.
- Review college-based report requests for alignment with best practices and Annual Giving strategy.
- Utilize data and reporting information to strategically enhance fundraising and marketing efforts.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the assigned college(s) and unit(s) and provide regular updates to both teams.
- Follow emerging trends and best practices in annual giving direct marketing, technology, and analytics.
Perform other duties as required or assigned. Attend a variety of events throughout the year. Occasional travel and occasional night and weekend work is required.Minimum Education/Experience
Post-baccalaureate credentials or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and experienceDepartmental Required Skills
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Mac OSX and Windows desktop environments
- Ability to work independently, to be creative and exercise initiative
- High energy level and strong drive to be successful
- Unquestioned integrity in dealing with confidential information
- Open and accessible interpersonal style; good listener
- Optimistic, persistent and positive attitude
Preferred Experience, Skills, Credentials, Qualifications:
- Proven experience (typically two or more years of professional experience and program management) in fundraising, or data analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, social sciences, computer science, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and ethics of fundraising.
- An understanding of the land grant, research Tier One university environment
- Familiarity with NC State University and the Triangle
A valid North Carolina Driver’s License is required within 60 days of start date. Must be maintained as a condition of employment.Special InstructionsJob Open Date08/31/2020Anticipated Closing DateOpen until filled.Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date10/01/2020AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU website
- Carolina Job Finder/Employment Guide
- NC Works
- Dress for Success
- Technical/Trade School Program
- Job Fair (Identify Job Fair in question #2 below)
- Direct Contact from NSCU Representative (identify person in question #2 below)
- Other online job board
- NCSU employee referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Ohter)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a valid NC Driver's license or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of your start date?
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References