Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.Job TitlePlant OperatorPosting NumberF003653Position StatusFull TimeAssignment Length This field only applies to FacultyGrant FundedNoCategoryPlant OperationsClass Code63Pay Rate$18.58LocationSoutheastDepartmentDT Physical PlantJob Summary
Tends ventilating and heating equipment such as fans, vacuum pumps, air compressors, vents and ducts, and lubrication oil coolers used in buildings by performing the following duties.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Adjusts valves to regulate temperature of lubrication oil and flow of water through system
• Moves controls to regulate speed of fans and to adjust vents and ducts
• Records gauge readings, repairs completed, and time lost because of inoperative equipment
• Makes periodic inspections and does incidental repairs
• Writes repair work order tickets and out of order tags preparatory to equipment repair
• Inspects equipment to detect excessive noise and heat
• Replaces gauges and tightens and caulks leaky fittings
• Adds chemicals to boilers and air conditioning systems
• Advises Chief Plant Operator in case of serious malfunction
• Cleans carbon deposits, pitch, and grease from fans, vents, and ducts
• Repair or replace pumps, pump seals and bearings on heating and cooling equipment
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• Two (2) years of experience in the operation and maintenance of boilers, air conditioning units or related equipment
• Knowledge of steam and hot water heating equipment and commercial air conditioning equipment
• Experience working with computerized systems
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Related professional certifications (e.g., HVAC, Refrigeration, Pool operator)Knowledge, Skills and AbilityAccommodations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.Special Instructions SummaryPosted08/31/2020ContactEdwin Santiago*817-515-3039Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the highest level of education you have completed.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 60 or more College Credit Hours
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- None of the above
- * Please list any certification or licensure you have that is directly related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have in the operation and maintenance of boilers, air conditioning units or related equipment?
- Less than 1 year of experience
- 1 year of experience
- 2 years of experience
- 3 years of experience
- 4 years of experience
- 5 or more years of experience
- * How would you rate your level of experience using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)?
- * How would you rate your experience with web-based software?
- * Describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)