Infection Prevention and HWS Employee Health Nurse
Are you a registered nurse who is passionate about public health? Health and Wellness Services (HWS) at CU Boulder encourages applications for an Infection Prevention and Employee Health Nurse! This position plays a meaningful role in protecting public health through developing, implementing, and managing infection prevention, immunization, and communicable disease monitoring programs for students and HWS staff. The Infection Control Nurse also coordinates the TB prevention program for campus, acts as the vaccine coordinator, assists with occupational health for staff, and serves as the Committee Coordinator for the Infection Control Committee. As this position collaborates with campus and community partners, public health specialists, government agencies and other governing bodies to protect the health of the student body, we are looking for someone who is diplomatic and communicates well.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We Are
Wardenburg Health Services staff understand and are committed to the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness at CU Boulder. The Wardenburg Medical Clinic provides a wide range of health care services for students including: primary care for illnesses and injuries, as well as chronic conditions, physicals, sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment, allergy shots, vaccinations, travel health care, and concussion care.What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Infection Control and Immunizations Coordinator
- Serve as the Infection Control and TB Coordinator for HWS and the campus community.
- Review all TB screening questionnaires for UCB incoming students and ensures compliance with mandated guidelines for TB screening, testing and treatment.
- Provide up-to-date and ongoing information to providers and staff regarding influenza and other illness outbreak patterns locally, nationally and globally.
- Revise the HWS Infection Control Plan and policies for the organization, according to AAAHC guidelines.
- Chair the Infection Control Committee.
- Develop infection prevention education for employees and students.
- Determine the need for specific immunizations for HWS employees and students.
- Resolve the need for specific immunizations for health care and non-health care staff at HWS, according to their individual exposure risk assessments.
- Coordinate HWS campus-wide influenza clinics, by:
- Coordinating with campus Communications and materials management department to ensure that a suitable venue has been secured for the clinics, supplies have been ordered, and the campus population has been advised of the clinic hours, cost, and location.
- Collaborating with Medical Services Leadership for staffing of clinics.
- Provide immunization education and updates for HWS health care providers.
- Manage vaccine EMR, inventory, cold chain (including on-call for refrigerator failures).
- Collaborate with state and local immunization resources.
- Participate in regulatory body decision-making process regarding immunization requirements and/or recommendations.
Communicable Disease Nurse
- Act as liaison between providers and patients for the follow up of treatments and/or tests performed in the clinic, mostly sexual transmitted diseases and communicable/infectious disease.
- Act as a resource for providers on communicable/infectious disease.
- Report reportable conditions as required by state and federal law.
- Serve as liaison for campus and HWS for outbreaks, epidemic and/or pandemic concerns including treatment recommendations.
- Gather and analyze infection data to guide evidence-based decisions.
HWS Employee Health Nurse
- Provide immunization support and tracking for all HWS medical staff.
- Respond to and advise staff of appropriate follow-up care for job-related exposures or injuries.
- Manage and maintain HIPAA and confidentiality of staff consultations and testing.
- Utilize and manage the ReadySet program for documenting HWS staff testing and immunizations.
- Complete documentation in the electronic medical record including updating the patient summary screen, to include but not limited to assessing for allergies, updating patients’ medication list, significant personal and family medical history, and learning barriers.
- Responsible for charging for all procedures, treatments and medications given.
- Document nursing interventions, phone calls and nursing assessments clearly in the EMR.
Routine and Continuous Duties
- Maintain current knowledge of Policies for Medical Services, assist in revision of departmental policies.
- Update personal education log record, attend nursing and department meetings.
- Perform data collection and reporting Q.I monitors, assure sufficient stock of supplies and medications along with checking for expired medication and supplies, and check equipment for accurate function and maintenance in the Medical Clinic.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Driven. Be Respectful. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Registered Nurse with the State of Colorado by date of hire.
- BSN or BS degree.
- Five years of professional experience as a registered nurse.
- Current BLS certification.
- Infection Control experience.
- Ability to communicate and relate well with staff and students.
- Willingness and ability to meet demanding work schedules.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Experience using an electronic health record.
- Basic digital literacy (experience with Windows based systems).
- Infection Control Certification and Occupational Health Nurse experience.
- Travel Health Certification through ISTM.
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by September 13, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]