Executive Assistant I
Executive Assistant I
Job ID: 220309
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Provide administrative coordination and management assistance to the Director and division managers in the day-to-day operation of Continuing Education.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Perform a variety of general administrative and clerical duties in support of the Continuing Education Division
- Participate in generating and maintaining regular and confidential departmental files, records and other data; gather and compile information as needed; verify and review forms/reports for completeness and conformance with established regulations and procedures; sort and file documents and records according to standard policies and procedures; input various information into computer; download, print, sort and file materials as appropriate; ensure that regulatory or accrediting agencies receive appropriate forms and reports
- Participate in the division's budget planning process; compile information and data; check and tabulate statistical data; prepare requisitions; monitor expenditures for assigned areas, coordinate purchasing activities as assigned
- Record and distribute the minutes of regular staff or committee meetings as assigned
- Maintain, order, and inventory office supplies and equipment
- May participate on various university committees and other institutional activities
- Act as a receptionist as needed; answer phone; convey telephone messages; respond to requests and inquiries from students, faculty and staff; provide routine information and give directions; and deliver quality customer service
- Organize the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects and/or events for the division
- Associate degree
- Three or more years of related work experience
- Supervisory experience
- Experience supporting leadership/management; coordinating and completing complex projects; and work with confidential information
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to perform job tasks independently, maintain confidentiality, and commit to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office Applications software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Ability to learn and proficiently use other software systems including, but not limited to, Google Suite, Banner and Business Objects
- Ability to prioritize work and focus on details
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and planning, human relations, problem solving, and time management skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
Apply Before Date
September 18, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in an office environment
- Workweek may extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- May sit and enter data for extended periods
- May travel between Statesboro, Savannah, and Hinesville campuses
Standard and Education
3900240101 - Continuing Ed-Admin
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=220309&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency