Westminster College, a selective liberal arts college located in New Wilmington, Pennsylvania, seeks a creative team member with superior communication skills who knows how to harness the power of data. The successful candidate will play a lead role in the Office of Marketing and Communications in the development and implementation of marketing strategies that will promote and enhance the College’s brand and reputation. Key goals include increasing prospective undergraduate and graduate student awareness of and engagement with the College. This position reports directly to the CIO.
• Uses demographic data and current student and alumni profiles to understand and engage target audiences.
• Uses data yielded by marketing platforms (Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, social media analytics, email campaign analytics, remarketing, etc.) to determine the return on investment of marketing campaigns and to recommend adjustments and new strategies.
• Finds Westminster stories through the inspired investigation of institutional data, as well as through working with members of the College community, including students, faculty, staff, potential students, alumni and friends.
• Oversees the creative development and placement of general advertising, including the use of paid media to leverage social media, mobile and web platforms, and traditional distribution tactics.
• Collaborates with Marketing and Communications colleagues to research, write, design and produce creative and engaging marketing materials, which may include email campaigns, print collateral, web content, social media campaigns, and broadcast/streaming video advertisements.
• Assists with other Office of Marketing and Communications efforts as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a degree in communications, public relations, or a related field plus experience in marketing.
• Demonstrated knowledge of branding, marketing strategies, social media reporting data and Google Analytics.
• Exceptional writing skills and proven ability to edit and proofread documents.
• Strong project management skills and the ability to independently manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and excellent listening skills with the ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and the names and contact information for three work-related references to Erin Smith, CIO by email to [email protected] For full consideration, application materials must be received by September 15, 2020.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive background check. Westminster College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, enhancing learning through diversity and inclusion.
Apply for Marketing Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly