Program Coordinator, Action Learning Program
Program Coordinator, Action Learning Program
Job Number: 87167
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Teaching and Learning Hub (TLH) empowers faculty and students to co-create a transformational learning experience that equips and inspires the next generation of leaders. Formed in 2019, the department supports faculty in the exploration of the best ways to achieve desired student outcomes and in the delivery of best-in-class learning solutions.
The Stanford GSB recently launched a new Action Learning Program (ALP) within TLH to enable innovative learning experiences for MBA and MSx students. In ALP courses, students work in teams on real-world challenges provided by a variety of organizations, under the guidance of senior faculty.
In this role, you will administer, support, and manage ALP courses under general supervision. You will report to the Director of ALP and interface with students, faculty, and staff of centers, programs, and other departments. You will also work independently, applying knowledge and experience to resolve problems. In addition, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other TLH teams and contribute to their success in a fast-paced, dynamic, and innovative environment.
You will need to:
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility, ability to multitask, and meet strict deadlines
- Possess excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Have a strong understanding of client service, client satisfaction, and team focus
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Independently implement, administer, and evaluate day-to-day activities of the ALP by identifying and executing tasks and objectives and making recommendations that impact policies and programs.
- Represent the ALP program and courses as the key contact for routine inquiries.
- Respond to inquiries and determine and take appropriate action as required.
- Organize and/or participate in outreach activities that may include developing communications and training and planning and promoting events.
- Collect and analyze data, create reports, review and explain trends; formulate and evaluate alternative solutions and/or recommendations to achieve ALP goals.
- Analyze and interpret policies; develop, revise, and implement procedures.
- Create process/structure for developing replicable offerings.
- Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various ALP documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and websites.
- May participate in developing budgets, and monitoring, submitting, and reconciling expenditures. May perform limited forecasting and provide recommendations that determine the budget.
- Provide support to other TLH teams as needed.
- Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a higher education setting is preferred, as is experience as a Faculty Assistant.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Proven success in following through and completing projects.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with the flexibility to adjust to changes and reprioritizations.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4121
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 87167
Location: Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency