Associate Director of Graduate Enrollment CRM and Systems
The Office of Graduate Education (OGE) strives to provide exceptional leadership and service in advocating for excellence and integrity in all graduate programs at the University of Denver. Dedicated to quality, innovation, engagement, integrity, and inclusion, the OGE maintains the highest standards in enrollment management and student Services, focused on providing an excellent experience from inquiry to alumni association.
Under the direction of the Senior Vice Provost for Research & Graduate Education and the Associate Provost for Graduate Education, OGE partners with deans, academic units, GSG and University governance on recruitment and retention, fellowships and financial aid, academic assessment, and program review to continually improve the quality of graduate education at DU.
Reporting to the Associate Provost for Graduate Education, the Associate Director of Graduate Enrollment CRM and Systems is responsible for the functional support, ensuring the student systems operate efficiently and effectively by identifying, designing, and applying the most effective technologic and business practice solutions. The position applies demonstrated expertise and leadership to guide the departments and users of the supported systems to the most effective use of the systems to achieve the goals of each graduate academic unit and the strategic mission of the University of Denver. The goal of this position is to optimize the value derived from the use of the administrative and student systems. This position will be working remotely until deemed safe to return to campus.
- Lead individual team projects and Slate working groups of up to 15 people, including scheduling, setting and executing the agenda, providing follow up notes and educating the campus Slate community of changes and updates to the systems. Co-lead the Slate user group, which includes over 25 users from across campus.
- The Associate Director interfaces daily with the Associate Provost for Graduate Education to analyze business practices, evaluate needs of the unit, and review and recommend software to improve efficiency and leverage functionality.
- Collaborates with departments to provide support in designing and maintaining application forms and enhancing existing applications. Defines system requirements and priorities and offers viable alternatives where necessary. Coordinates and manages the efforts of staff to locate, assess, install, test, and maintain systems. Organizes conversions and upgrades to vendor systems.
- Provides technical training, guidance, and resource support for end users, departmental staff, and the OGE team.
- Directs the OGE team and functions as a project lead. Provides exceptional leadership and coordination on projects assigned to any contracted consultants and other OGE staff members.
- The position interfaces regularly with the Enrollment team in OGE to analyze business practices, evaluate needs of the unit, and review and recommend software to improve efficiency and leverage functionality.
- Works collaboratively with administrative offices and academic departments to define, develop and document office and inter-office policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with IT Systems Engineers, Database Administrators and other technical staff to maintain student systems, facilitate upgrades, and act as the liaison between the end-user and technical support group.
- Develops, plans, and participates in the testing of upgrades and new releases. Creates training plans and documentation to conduct training sessions related to student software systems and processes.
- Utilizes existing Slate CRM, including writing custom SQL, for queries, departmental reporting, business processes/integrations, and email campaigns.
- Maintains the Slate CRM data environment, including creating, improving and documenting data fields, rules, and uploads.
- Works with third-party vendors who offer additional online program options to setup/troubleshoot/enhance integrations and manage any data issues that may arise.
- Evaluate and either approve or deny Slate admissions access requests for new users.
- Attend and participate in OGE sponsored on/off campus events.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3 years of work experience with system implementation, including analyzing existing systems, processes, and services; working with faculty, staff, and/or customers to establish and achieve desired outcomes; and implementing appropriate technology solutions to meet needs.
- Experience with Slate.
- Experience with Ellucian (SunGard) Banner/Admissions module or similar Student Information System.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Business.
- Prior experience working in Admissions/Enrollment.
- 2 years of experience with Slate and Ellucian (SunGard) Banner/Admissions module.
- Experience creating a data transfer mapping and implementing integrations between multiple systems.
- Experience with loading GRE/TOEFL/GMAT/IELTS electronic test scores.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, September 14, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.