Multimedia Specialist III
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences will partner with the UA Office of Digital Learning in seeking a videographer to join a diverse, high-energy team that will produce several fully-online degree programs for inclusion in Arizona Online and UA Global degree offerings. This position will be responsible for working with instructional designers, graphic designers, faculty and subject matter experts in the development of online courses that fit within online programs. The job will require the ability to create high quality video to complement course design to assist in engaging learners with the online content. The Videographer will be responsible for using an array of multi-media tools and platforms to create and produce high quality, multi-media assets that can be distributed through a variety of digital outlets.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with instructional designers and faculty to develop high quality video for online course design.
- Construct videos that promote interaction, social presence, and community.
- Conceive and develop creative solutions for addressing digital learning initiatives through audio-visual assets.
- Produce, edit and distribute media content as required which may include photographs, motion pictures, motion graphics, animation, audio and music.
- Execute shoots on site/on location including lighting, audio, camera operation and talent direction.
- Additionally, handle assignments requiring special lighting, multiple locations, creativity, special audio needs, custom graphics, and animation.
- Determine content and format of productions, and operates editing equipment.
- Edit and assemble final visual/audio program material creating compelling and visually interesting products, ensures consistency and relevancy to production and monitors technical quality of end product.
- Scout shoot locations and assess possible obstacles in filming and provide solutions or alternatives.
- Maintain all equipment including troubleshooting and minor repairs as necessary.
- Attend meetings and offer development and production insight based on the requests.
- Demonstrate excellent communications and interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relations, and ability to work with culturally diverse peoples.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively independently and in teams.
- Demonstrate ability to be self-directed, self-motivated, and self-sufficiently while working.
- Demonstrate good planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to manage time/priorities and multi-tasking to handle projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Five (5) years professional video work experience producing video for professional clients for classroom distribution, television, or streaming, and in some cases, marketing or narrative work.
- Experience demonstrating excellence in camera operation including DLSR or professional video cameras such as Canon C100s, Canon C300, Sony FS7, or other equivalents.
- Experience demonstrating excellence in all other field production techniques such as; interview lighting, external lavalier microphones, b-roll composition, and live action shooting of informative sequences.
- Experience demonstrating excellence in professional level post production techniques in Adobe Creative Suite – Premiere, Photoshop, and Audition
- Experience demonstrating excellence in managing, organizing, backing up, and preparing for edit all digital assets created in production workflows.
- Experience working artistically and creatively with regard to video production and images, creating compelling and/or visually interesting compositions.
- Experience working on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Experience with separate audio and video recording (dual recording workflow) where audio is captured on external high quality recorders and synced in post-production is preferred.
- Experience in graphic creation in Adobe products like AfterEffects is preferred.
- Experience in full video with audio production, and post-production knowledge, and capabilities including encoding and compression skills is preferred.
- Experience with motion graphics is preferred.
- Experience with high quality encoding techniques for online distribution of videos.
- Experience with independently troubleshooting hardware and software.
- Experience working with knowledge of live streaming platforms like Limelight, YouTube, Facebook ad Instagram.
- Experience adapting to changing technology landscape.
[email protected] Open Date8/14/2020Open Until FilledYesDocuments Needed to ApplyResume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.