Psychiatric Nursing Practitioner IV
The University of Arizona, Campus Health Service’s (CHS) Counseling and Psych Services (CAPS) department is seeking a licensed Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join a team of health care professionals committed to improving the health of adolescent and adult college students through an integrated model of health care and community health. In addition to treatment, the CHS includes educating students on how to better manage their physical and mental health. We also take a role in educating/training future health professionals in the value of integrated and community based health care.This position is responsible for providing psychiatric services for currently enrolled UA undergrad, graduate, and professional students seeking care at the CHS, as well as providing psychiatric consultation for CHS medical providers and CAPS counseling staff.
The UA CHS was the first fully accredited college health service in the nation and in the Princeton Review, the CHS has been ranked in the top 3% for Best Health Services for the past five years. The CHS is committed to positioning itself as an exceptional student health center by fostering an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse backgrounds of our employees and the community we serve. It is a diverse organization of over 150 employees who are committed to improving the health and safety of college students. For more information on the CHS, please go to www.health.arizona.edu.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here http://talent.arizona.edu/
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide psychiatric services to enrolled students, including diagnostic work-up, medication evaluation and follow-up, as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Provide psychiatric consultation to CAPS non-medical practitioners.
- Provide psychiatric consultation to CHS primary care staff.
- Provide crisis intervention and brief therapy on a limited basis.
- Supervise psychiatric nurse practitioner interns as needed.
- Complete timely and appropriate documentation utilizing an electronic medical record system.
- Participate in CAPS and CHS team meetings, as indicated.
- Collaborate in the interdisciplinary team delivery of outreach education, crisis response and other adjunctive services.
- Provide consultation to faculty, staff, family members, and others while complying with professional confidentiality guidelines.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Training and experience in delivery of outpatient psychiatric services in a system setting.
Graduation from an approved school of nursing (at least a master’s degree) and completion of an approved adult or psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Program.
Current DEA Controlled Substance Registration Certification.
Certification in specialty area of psychiatry.
7 years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner with at least one year of psychiatric Nurse Practitioner work experience.Preferred Qualifications
· Background in providing psychiatric consultation in a multi-disciplinary setting, with both medical and non-medical practitioners.
· Experience in a university setting or working with college students.
· Familiarity and comfort in treating ADHD as well as other psychiatric issues.
· Ability to work with students in crisis situations.
· Demonstrated cultural competence and background in working with ethnic minority and international patient populations.
· Bilingual (Spanish, Mandarin or Arabic preferred).FLSAExempt Full Time/Part TimePart TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week20 Job FTE.50Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryHealth Care and WellnessBenefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits Rate of Pay$115,000-$125,000; DOE Compensation Typesalary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Grade13 Career Stream and LevelPC4Job FamilyBehavioral Health Job FunctionHealth Care & Wellness Type of criminal background check required:Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department) Number of Vacancies1 Target Hire Date Expected End Date Contact Information for CandidatesPatricia R. Morales, PHR
HR Program Coordinator, Sr.
Campus Health Service
Open Date8/21/2020Open Until FilledYesDocuments Needed to ApplyResume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.