Accountant, Associate (College of Medicine - Phoenix)
The College of Medicine Phoenix Finance Office is seeking a full-time finance/accounting professional to work with the centralized finance team for the College of Medicine-Phoenix Campus. This position supports the college financial processes by performing a wide range of accounting support and financial transactions. The duties to be performed require fundamental applications of accounting and financial theories and principles. This position is in a complex, evolving, and fast-paced environment and therefore must be flexible and adaptable. This position reports to the Financial Analysis Manager of the College of Medicine Phoenix Campus.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares straightforward or recurring financial schedules or reports for management or outside agencies to reflect financial situation; assists higher level accountants and finance office leaders in more complex or specialized assignments.
- Arranges different types of data into a variety of formats such as charts, graphs or tables for management needs; responsible for chart fields, data entry, and data accuracy.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets and various transactions in the university financial systems.
- Responsible for entering various transactions in the UAccess Employee, Financials and Provisioning systems; verify time approvals and exception reports in UAccess Employee.
- Reviews and approves financial transactions to ensure compliance with finance principles and university regulations.
- Reviews/analyzes reports and various financial data; investigates irregularities and reports to supervisor; makes general interpretations and recommendations or adjustments and necessary corrective entries.
- Provides internal/external training, both orally and in writing, on accounting systems, procedures and practices.
- Keeps informed by researching and evaluating appropriate professional and related literature as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
FLSANon-Exempt Full Time/Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week40 Job FTE1.0Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryFinanceBenefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits Rate of Pay$14.38 - $19.96 per hour, Depending on ExperienceCompensation Typehourly rate Grade4 Career Stream and LevelOC2Job FamilyAccounting Job FunctionFinance Type of criminal background check required:Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies1 Target Hire Date11/1/2020 Expected End Date Contact Information for CandidatesCollege of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
References: Please list 3 professional references including address, title, phone and email address.
Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.