Payroll Specialist II
The Arizona Student Unions is seeking a Payroll Specialist II for Payroll Department. The selected candidate will perform a variety of payroll, administrative, skilled or technical work of a specialized nature. We are looking for a person who is detailed- oriented with a high level of accuracy, who is able to preserve and maintain confidential communications and privileged information, and who can manage and prioritize competing or conflicting task and deadlines. The Arizona Student Unions consist of both the Student Union Memorial Center (SUMC) and the Park Student Union, as well as Highland Market and a number of convenience stores and food stops around campus. In addition to campus dining services and catering, the Arizona Student Unions also run mall scheduling, concessions at athletic events, Fast Copy & Design, Games Room, the Gallagher Theatre, and a Post Office Contract Unit. The Student Union Memorial Center is one of the largest student unions in the United States. The SUMC contains everything students need – restaurants, retail spaces, a bank, lounges, study/meeting rooms, a computer lab, and a movie theater. SUMC is often referred to as the “living room” of the University.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews, analysis and checks payroll reports for accuracy and makes necessary adjustments or corrections as needed.
- Adjusts or corrects wage/salary account funds
- Researches, analyzes and resolves difficult or technical problems or questions presented by employees, faculty, staff, students or outside agency representatives.
- Processes and approves all accounts in payroll system to ensure payroll is processed in a timely manner.
- Monitors and checks student enrollment to assure student eligibility
- Process and completes student worker changes and terminations as needed.
- Processes new hire and additional position documentation.
- Coordinate or performs data collection, analysis, reporting, documentation and other duties to ensure accurate and timely processing or development of required reports.
- Maintains unit documents such as ledgers, personnel records, budget data and financial records; ensures adherence to policy and procedures and monitors/checks for accuracy
- Greets and serves customers in a friendly courteous manner and the ability to effectively communicate.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor or the Assistant Director of Human Resources.
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Demonstrate proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to work independently.
* Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
* Knowledge of University policies and procedures
* Experience with UAccess MSS and Analytics
* Knowledge of Kronos Payroll System
* Knowledge of payroll principles, practices, regulations and procedures.FLSANon-Exempt Full Time/Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week40 Job FTE1.0Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryUniversity OperationsBenefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits Rate of Pay$15.00-$17.00 DOE Compensation Typehourly rate Grade4 Career Stream and LevelOC2Job FamilyPayroll Job FunctionFinance Type of criminal background check required:Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies1 Target Hire Date9/6/2020 Expected End Date Contact Information for CandidatesJudy Harrison [email protected] Open Date8/27/2020Open Until FilledYesDocuments Needed to ApplyResume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.