Postdoctoral Research Associate I, II, or III
The successful Postdoctoral candidate will possess a cell and molecular biology skill set appropriate to accomplish the lab’s goals. The position will require the use of high throughput sequencing technologies, bioengineering tissue constructs, single cell RNA-seq, CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing technologies, and bioinformatics to answer questions involving cardiovascular disease pathology. In addition, they will possess the drive required to work independently, collaboratively, and publish finding.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities
The Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, the Sarver Heart Center, and the Bio5 Institute are dedicated to training the next generation of scientists, and the Postdoctoral candidate will benefit from the diverse and interdisciplinary environment at the University of Arizona.
• Lead a research project in close collaboration with the PI and other labmembers.
• Innovate new areas of experimental inquiry.
• Advance technical aspects of experimental approaches and mechanisticunderstanding of biological problem.
• Mentor junior lab members and contribute to a productive scientific environment.
• Maintain detailed records and disseminate research findings in meetings and asmanuscripts in scientific journals.
• Apply for independent funding and contribute to grant proposals submitted bythe PI.
• There may be additional duties assigned as it relates to this position.Minimum Qualifications
• PhD in biochemistry, molecular or cellular biology, genetics, physiology,computational science, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, or related fieldby time of hire.
• Two first authored publications documenting the ability to conduct originalresearch.Preferred Qualifications -Thorough understanding of biochemistry, molecular biology, physiology, and cell biology.
-Experience with recombinant proteins, Western blots, Mass spectroscopy, and BioID.
-Experience with cell culture (stem cell experience preferred) and differentiations.
-Experience with microscopes (fluorescence, confocal).
-Experience with high throughput sequencing technologies (RNA-seq, DNA-seq, 10X genomics, Split-seq, ChIP-seq).
-Expertise in cardiac and skeletal muscle biology and disease pathology.FLSA Exempt Full Time/Part Time Full Time Number of Hours Worked per Week 40 Job FTE 1.0 Work Calendar Fiscal Job Category Research Benefits Eligible Yes - Full Benefits Rate of Pay $53,460 - $57,456 Compensation Type salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies 1 Target Hire Date Expected End Date Contact Information for Candidates Dr. Jared Churko, [email protected] Open Date 8/26/2020 Open Until Filled Yes Documents Needed to Apply Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter Special Instructions to Applicant Diversity Statement At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.