Duties & Responsibilities
- Serveas the primary contact and liaison for interaction involving the Office of the DepartmentHead.
- Supervise,monitor and coordinate activities and functions of Front Office Staff.
- Operatein close coordination with the Business Office for Department Head Officerelated expenditures and collaborating with the Business Office on identifying,establishing and tracking budgets for departmental events and needs.
- Assistthe Department Head and their delegates with special projects. Able to managesensitive and critical situations, to anticipate needs and to resolve problems.
- Collaboratewith the Department Head and their delegates on all Faculty Affairs tasks toinclude coordination of all confidential Promotion and Tenure documentation,titling approvals, Leave/Sabbatical requests and Conflict of Interest forms.
- Maintainhighest level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Organizebackground materials, agenda, minutes, reports, etc. for various meetings, asrequested by the Department Head.
- Coordinatetravel arrangements for invited guests, and process any PO's, DV's, and/or any financial request through FSO forthose expenses in UAccess Financials.
- Provideexecutive-level planning support including data-collection from varioussources.
- Establishand maintain systems for monitoring, storing, and retrieving documents relatedto the Office of the Department Head.
- Coordinatethe collection, collation, and distribution of various surveys, polls, andfaculty votes as requested by the Department Head, their delegates, or DepartmentalCommittee Chairs.
- Ableto interact with a variety of internal and external populations to includecampus administration, community members, and professional organizations.
- Ableto serve on various department, college, or university committees, as requestedby the Department Head.
- Ensurethat staffing supports the CBC department's efforts in greeting visitors,students, faculty, parents and anyone who enters Front Office areas, givinginformation in response to inquiries; deliver oral and written messages to unitmembers, and direct to appropriate staff or Unit when necessary.
- Assistwith special departmental events (such as Commencement, Annual DepartmentalBreakfast, and other). Working with the Business Office, identify budgetrequirements and gain approval; establish event timelines and monitorsprogress; create advertisements for event; correspond with participants andarranges participation as needed; secure venue, coordinate technicalrequirements and various event services; arrange catering; arrange and trackparticipant registration; create and send paper and electronic invitations asappropriate; create required program, agenda, and handout materials for theevent; oversee all aspects of facility operations during the event (AV setup/ITrequirements); remain onsite to troubleshoot and provide support as neededduring event; complete minutes, reports or documentation requirements related toevent.
- Assistand support efforts related to the Academic Program Review (APR, once every 7years). Organize and attend meetings of the APR Self-Study Committee.
- UpdateMain Office mail room once a year for over 235 mailboxes
- Monitor,manage, and maintain access and requests to departmental listservs, thedepartmental parking pass, golf cart, and projector. Secure and checkoutparking pass and golf cart keys in accordance to UA’s Cash Handling policies.
- Draftletters and produce presentations in consultation with and on behalf of theDepartment Head and their delegates, and assists them with special projects.
- Issuekey forms on a daily basis, related to key requests, lost keys, and master keyrequests; complete annual Key Desk audit in January of keys issued to CBCpersonnel.
- Establishcontrol of the confidential faculty personnel files; create files/folders fornew faculty, including items such as confidential memos, P&T, Facultynominations and awards; sabbaticals, and faculty annual reviews; coordinate,process and send appropriate requests/documents to the College of Science andCollege of Medicine related to Faculty Affairs for approvals.
- Openand review Department Head correspondence. Take initiative to answer inquiriesand draft correspondence for review.
- MaintainOutlook calendars for the Department Head and their delegates.
- Schedulemeetings in the departmental conference rooms via the web-based ticketingsystem.
- Assistand support efforts related to Faculty recruitment efforts, includingscheduling recruitment visits, interviews, seminars, creating agendas andschedules, arranging transportation, hosting candidates while on campus, andproviding assistance to the Search Committees upon request.
- Organizeand orchestrate departmental meetings such as the Board of Advisors Meetings,Faculty Retreats, Executive Committee monthly meetings, CBC Faculty meetings, andother.
- Servesas principal contact and liaison for front office administration.
- Createsand maintains filing system(s).
- Ensurethat the Front Office Staff maintains the mail rooms, sort mail daily, hallwaydirectories, phone list, listservs, and photo boards; order copier paper formachines located in CSB, Marvel and OC; restock copy machines with paper; contactvendor when copy machines in BSW, CSB and OC are not functioning properly.
- Manage the production of a weekly item for the department called Tuesday’s News within the Front Office team.
- Assistother departmental units such as APT, Graduate Coordinator, UndergraduateCoordinators, Business Office and RSS when needed.
- Supervise in the administrative assistance provided to the department with tasks such as photocopying and mailing/faxingdocuments.
- Manageand maintain the department’s compliance with the Fleet Policy, working withfaculty and staff to provide assistance and information when needed.
- Establishand maintain the required training and certifications that are necessary toremain in compliance with the university’s policies and practices, such as theCash Handling policy, PCard and dining card policies, and FERPA, within the Front Office Team.
- Ensure that direct reports are adequately trained to be able to process and complete assigned tasks, as well as remain compliant within UA policies and practices.
- Additional dutiesapply.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to think logically and solve complex problems. • Proven knowledge of executive level administrative principles and practices.• Proven ability to exercise discretion in working with highly confidential and sensitive matters.• Aptitude in organizing operational activities.• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.• Demonstrated skill in emotional intelligence and with building interpersonal relationships.• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a wide range of people at all levels of the organization.• Demonstrated ability to accommodate and respond to shifting priorities and multiple, demanding projects, in a manner that is effective and efficient.Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
* Experience working in higher education.
* Experience working on outreach.
* Knowledge of organizational practices.
* Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal; excellent attention to detail, skilled multi-tasking ability, demonstrated commitment to follow-through of assigned tasks and projects, and exceptional customer services skills.
* Ability to utilize critical thinking skills and judgment in problem-solving and decision-making, or escalating issues as needed.FLSAExempt Full Time/Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week40+ Job FTE1.0Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryOrganizational AdministrationBenefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits Rate of Pay$47,048 - $52,000 (DOE)Compensation Typesalary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Grade8 Career Stream and LevelM1Job FamilyAdministrative Support Job FunctionOrganizational Administration Type of criminal background check required:Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies1 Target Hire Date9/20/2020 Expected End Date Contact Information for CandidatesCasandra Sanchez, [email protected] Open Date8/26/2020Open Until FilledYesDocuments Needed to ApplyResume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.