Administrative Support Assistant II
The Center for Latin American Studies was awarded Title VI funding in August 2018.
To support grant activity CLAS is currently looking for a part time (50%) Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks to ensure that administration goals and objectives for the Center are accomplished in accordance with priorities, time limitations, funding limitations or other specifications. The Administrative Assistant will provide support to the Coordinator of Programs and Outreach, the Assistant Director, and the Director in daily office needs and managing general administrative activities. Funding for this position is secured for two years and employment after two years will be based on available grant funds.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities
The UA Center for Latin American Studies has a dual mission of teaching and outreach. CLAS has been consistent in fostering an integrated and interdisciplinary learning experience for our graduate and undergraduate students. LAS has also developed and implemented a dynamic outreach program that serves the larger University of Arizona and the Tucson community by promoting awareness and enhancing public understanding about important issues affecting Latin America. Many of CLAS outreach activities are made possible with external funds, most notably the U.S. Department of Education Title VI National Resource Center grant, a 4 year multi-million-dollar grant.
- Manage aspects of title VI project implementation, data collection, and preparation of progress reports.
- Manage and maintain Undergraduate and Graduate student files.
- Manage calendars and scheduling for: Director, Assistant Direct, LAS Conference Room, LAS Library and Faculty and Staff meetings, all LAS events.
- Manage and maintain Room reservations for LAS-owned meeting spaces
- Manage and maintain LAS’ main office email
- Ordering all office supplies
- Facilities Management Requests: Motorpool, Electrical, UITS, SBS Tech, Key Shop, Special events, sign shop, recycling, etc.
- Supervise student workers and responsible for front desk.
- Main contact for all LAS listervs: Faculty, Undergrad, Grad, Phd, Brazil, Alumni, Community Partners, and educators.
- Update UA Vitae
- Website management, newsletter, social media
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
Team player with a high level of dedication
Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
Knowledge of issues pertaining to area of assignment.
Knowledge of organizational practices.
Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
Ability to effectively communicate in English and Spanish.
Ability to write effectively.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience working on grants or outreach
- Bilingual in English and Spanish