Program Coordinator, Assessment & Evaluation (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
The Office of Assessment and Evaluation supports institutional effectiveness through consultation with faculty, staff, and community partnerships on the development of instruments and experimental designs informed by standard principles of measurement, assessment, and evaluation, including classroom tests, faculty and staff evaluation formats, and academic program development and evaluation.
The Year 3 & 4 unit within the Office of Assessment and Evaluation, is responsible for coordinating, supporting the development and delivery of curriculum evaluation and student assessment processes of the University of Arizona College of Medicine (COM-Phoenix). This position will liaise with other departmental units regarding best practice & process for student evaluation of curriculum and assessment of student behavioral performance and progression.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of the Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive scholars. We embrace professionalism, innovation and collaboration to optimize health and health care for all. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the University’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix. The campus also houses the UA Colleges of Public Health, Pharmacy, and Nursing, as well as Northern Arizona University’s College of Health and Human Services, the Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) and the International Genomics Consortium.
Outstanding UAbenefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance anddisability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAUtuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; stateretirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties & Responsibilities
Asa cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough andFurlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board ofRegents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordancewith adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will berequired to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs andwhether this position is affected, please visithr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.
- Develops and schedules program work plan in accordance with specifications; oversees daily operations; determines priorities.
- Coordinate timely release of all assessment and evaluation forms for Year 3 & 4 clerkships, elective and selective rotations. Ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Develop due date calendar, communicate with clinical staff and partners to meet compliance deadlines; update and maintain accurate records.
- Provides support to all Faculty regarding software and login access; coordinates filing all forms in electronic format; records data in accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain professional communications with all internal and external resources to facilitate program objectives.
- Build and review all Year 3 & 4 session evaluation packages within One45; monitor and communicate with clinical team for accuracy.
- Review all evaluations for quality control; communicate with students to ensure timely response.
- Maintain confidential review of evaluation data and provide summary based on policy and compliance objectives.
- Provide accurate records and summary of compliance goals; analyze effectiveness of process for quality improvement.
- Maintain and update list of clinical contacts and communicate changes to relevant departments.
- Review and process Faculty data; provide quality control and timely updates.
- Utilize all available data to monitor accuracy of processes; review and monitor clinical schedules and student data using reporting features.
- Collaborate in problem solving for future assessment and evaluation needs.
- Prepares periodic reports, records on program activities, provides status or other special reports for management and clinical partners.
- Evaluates program effectiveness to develop improved methods.
- Reviews program documents independently or in conjunction with supervisor to determine effectiveness.
- May coordinate or monitor activities of subordinates; other duties and projects as assigned.
- Troubleshoot software and application issues; resolve all questions in a timely manner.
- Maintain professional communications with all Faculty, staff and clinical partners.
- Serve as a resource member on department or university committees.
- Up to 1 year of relevant work experience may be required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
• Previous experience in a student services, academic services environment, clinical setting or medical office..
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication; excellent grammar, composition, time management and proofreading skills..
• Demonstrated advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)..
• Ability to work independently, set priorities in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions, multi-task, meet deadlines, and manage competing priorities..
• Previous experience working in a team-based environment..
• At least 1 year of experience working in higher education in the field of medicine or health sciences..
• Experience with software applications, such as One45, or the ability to learn.FLSAExempt Full Time/Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week40 Job FTE1.0Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryAcademic AdministrationBenefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits Rate of Pay$42,007 - $58,343 Annually, Depending on ExperienceCompensation Typesalary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Grade7 Career Stream and LevelPC1Job FamilyAcademic Program Mgmt Job FunctionAcademic Administration Type of criminal background check required:Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies1 Target Hire Date11/5/2020 Expected End Date Contact Information for Candidates
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
The University of Arizona has currently adopted a remote working environment in accordance with guidelines recommended by the CDC. Until further notice, interviews for this position will be conducted remotely.
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
References: Please list 3 professional references including address, title, phone and email address.Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.