Director, Certified Nurse Midwife Program
The Director is responsible for the overall planning, direction and management of the CNM program. The Director will be responsible for the development, launch, and pursuit of successful accreditation of the CNM program. The Director will serve as the Program’s strategic, academic, and operational leader.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities
The Director will conduct searches for and hire qualified faculty, guide the faculty in program development, accreditation self-study, curriculum, administration, teaching, research, and service.
This individual must meet the minimum expectations required by the Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME), which includes experience in didactic and/or clinical teaching, administration/management, and educational theory and methodology, instructional design, student evaluation, and outcome assessment.
• Leading curriculum development, assessment/mapping and revision, and the development of clinical sites.
• Overseeing recruitment of all CNM program personnel including the medical director, clinical director, staff support, and principal and instructional faculty.
• Planning and managing program budgets and resource needs.
• Leading and maintaining strategic planning with continuous refinement.
• Initiating pursuit of accreditation and compliance with Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME).
• Overseeing student admissions process and collaborating with the Office of Admissions on admissions policies, recruitment of students.
• Maintaining vibrant marketing and communications of the CNM program.
• Managing primary operations including budgeting and enrollment.
• Managing all personnel, responsive to faculty and staff employment contracts.
• Leading accreditation and compliance cycles with ACME.
• Directing and preparing program outcome information and reports as needed.
• Developing and maintaining collaborative clinical and community partnerships, including alumni and developmental relations.
• Leading and inspiring faculty, student, and community engagement in classroom, laboratory, clinical and interprofessional education.
• Overseeing student advisement, advancement, and remediation.
• Leading curricular revision, and continuous pursuit of educational best practices.
- Current Arizona RN license in good standing OR current RN license with multistate privileges in another compact state.
- Current license as an Advanced Practice Nurse.
- Certification by the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB).
- 3 years of full-time higher education experience in a CNM program.
- 5 years of clinical practice experience.
- An understanding of CNM education and ANCM accreditation standards.
Preferred Qualifications• Previous ANCM accreditation experience is highly desirable.• Previous experience in education leadership such as Program Director, Associate Program Director, Academic Director, Clinical Director or another director-level role.• Record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, service and fostering empirical research.• Participates in selected local, state and national organizations that affect nurse midwifery practice.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Demonstrated leadership ability in CNM studies.
• Strong interpersonal ability, time management, and self-motivation.
• Demonstrated success working with diverse populations.
• Strong leadership, organization, budget development, communication, and technology literacy.FLSAExemptFull Time/Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week40 Job FTE1.0Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryOrganizational AdministrationBenefits EligibleYes - Full BenefitsRate of PayDOECompensation Typesalary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Type of criminal background check required:Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies1 Target Hire Date Expected End Date Contact Information for CandidatesMelissa Colchado [email protected] Open Date8/25/2020Open Until FilledYesDocuments Needed to ApplyResume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.