BSNIH Pharmacology Instructor, College of Nursing (Part Time)
College of NursingDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - PhoenixAddress:
Phoenix, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
Note: Effective 01/05/2021 this requisition has been updated to reflect the remove of the furlough program.
We are seeking part-time Clinical Faculty to engage in innovative teaching/learning in Bachelor of Science in Nursing-Integrative Health (BSN-IH) (Phoenix), specialized in Pharmacology.
Program faculty work collaboratively across disciplines to provide a transformative educational environment.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach andguide students in clinical theory and practical courses related to assignedprogram.
- Adviseand mentor students across their academic program.
- Negotiateand grow cooperative relationships with practice leaders at clinicalexperiential learning sites.
- Participatein the planning and assessment of our program(s) through faculty governance andquality
- Developand maintain academic excellence through practice-relevant inquiry andknowledge dissemination through publications and presentations.
- Maintainclinical practice proficiency by engaging in practice, either directly orindirectly.
- Engagewith faculty, the administrative leadership team, and students in furtheringthe mission and
goals of the College of Nursing.
- Participatein special projects and faculty governance activities, as needed.
- There maybe additional duties assigned as it relates to this position.
Experience teaching pharmacology. Rank tobe determined by FAPT Committee.
To be considered for each rank minimumrequirements:
- Eligiblefor entry and advanced licensure in Arizona.
- Provideevidence/receipt of an Arizona RN license and APRN licensure (if applicable)prior to first day of
employment with the College of Nursing.
- Master’sdegree in Nursing or a related field.
- Preparationand clinical experience in an nursing practice role.
- Must meetClinical Instructor minimums.
- 4 yearsof experience.
- At leasttwo years of teaching at the baccalaureate or higher level.
- Must meetLecturer minimums.
- Extensiveclinical experience.
- Extensiveteaching experience.
To be DeterminedTenure Information:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
No BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Dr. Connie [email protected]Open Date:
8/11/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and Three Additional DocumentsSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Additional document required: 1. Official transcripts.2. Three recommendation letters. 3. Proof of RN or APRN license in Arizona prior to the first day of employment.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.