Academic Analytics Coordinator, University College
The University of Denver has the distinction of being the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region, giving it a tradition of 150 years of academic excellence. The University of Denver's college of professional and continuing studies, University College (UCOL), is a leader in adult education, providing fully accredited and affordable educational experiences specifically designed for busy adults.
The Academic Analytics Coordinator reports to the Assistant Dean of Academic Operations and plays a central role in advancing University Colleges mission to provide data, information, and visualizations supporting evidence based decision making. The Academic Analytics Coordinator position provides support to areas of University College such as enrollment management, student services, academic directors, learning and design, operations, and senior leadership. The position works to support data systems integration using data management and data visualizations software. Other duties of the position include integrating multiple data sources with defined parameters to answer questions related to business operations. University College has approximately 15 academic programs, and this position coordinates ongoing dashboards to support the various functions of managing and growing these programs. University College seeks a team member who is conscientious, driven, and highly detail-oriented, as well as, someone who can connect the daily tasks of this job with the larger mission of University College. This position will be working remotely until deemed safe to return to campus.
Academic Director Support
- Support Academic Program Directors in areas of data management, analysis, and visualizations.
- Develop data support service procedures by anticipating the needs of Academic Program Directors and faculty.
- Answer data questions, anticipate analytic challenges, and refer to appropriate data resources when necessary.
- Work closely with Enrollment Management, Student Services, and Learning/Design Teams to assist Academic Directors in achieving program enrollment objectives.
- Analyze and build custom reporting regarding program faculty and enrollment needs.
- Integrate disparate data sources to coordinate evidence based decision making for Academic Program Directors.
Enrollment Management, Student Services, and Learning/Design Team Support
- Maintain and improve existing team Tableau dashboards.
- Build out custom reporting for departments such as marketing, recruiters, advisors, student services, instructional design, and teaching support.
- Work with teams to coordinate and improve information flow and forecasting related to quarterly planning and annual schedules.
- Coordinate with teams to leverage faculty data to sustain program growth.
- Provide data and information to ensure that programs and courses have faculty and appropriate resources for delivery of an exceptional student experience.
- Develop and implement effective and convenient data strategies including, but not limited to, communication to teams through electronic and analog channels.
- Communicate data standards, procedures and policies, and other program data to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide high quality, high touch customer service to team, program, and leadership stakeholders.
Program and Operational Support
- Responsible for automation of reporting through software programs such as Excel, STATA or Tableau.
- Leverage information from data repositories using appropriate technology.
- Work with multiple data platforms for the exporting, integrating, and reporting of information.
- Leverage visualization and dashboarding related to program and operational support.
- Automate and coordinate processes related to program and operational support.
- Manage and implement data management systems for the entire unit including development of data processes, procedures, and department functions.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, which includes overseeing multiple data processes, reporting, and visualizations.
- Integrate data from implemented surveys and audits for reporting back.
- Produce reporting for leadership to facilitate evidence based decision making.
- Bachelors degree.
- 1-2 years of proven relevant data support experience in a professional office setting within a team atmosphere.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with data repositories (like SQL, Microsoft Access, or Excel).
- Experience with data analytics tools (STATA, SAS, or R).
- Experience with visualization tools (like Tableau).
- 2-5 years of proven relevant data support experience in a professional office setting within a team atmosphere.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with software coding.
- Two years of relevant administrative experience within a higher education/adult learning setting.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with data project assessment.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, September 14, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.