Success Coach, Catto Scholarship (4 Positions Available)
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Success Coach, Catto Scholarship position. The Catto Scholarship is a “last dollar” opportunity that includes multiple evidence-based supports to help students achieve academic success. The Success Coach will provide a broad range of supportive services including, but not limited to, on-going intensive case management; facilitating connections to campus academic, social-emotional, basic needs, and transfer and career resources and activities in a concerted effort to best facilitate academic and personal success to ensure retention and on-time graduation for all Catto Scholarship students.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in education, social services or related field required.
• Two (2) years direct experience working in an education or social service environment along with experience working with culturally diverse populations required.
• Experience working with individual caseloads of students/clients providing intensive case management required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel required.
• Demonstrated competency in organizing data, maintaining files, and preparing reports required.
• Previous experience in creating and facilitating quality workshops and presentations for groups required.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds required.
• Exceptional organization and planning skills required.
• Ability to work in a close team environment and collaborate with others required.
• Master's degree preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Experience working in a higher education setting preferred.
• Experience working remotely to engage students and accomplish tasks preferred.
• Familiarity with integrated management software such as Banner, Starfish, as well as social media platforms, preferred.
• Previous experience in the development and implementation of student programming leading to increased retention and academic outcomes preferred.
• Proficient in managing budgets preferred.