Undergraduate Research Assistant - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 2020)
Position Title:Undergraduate Research Assistant - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 2020) Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:09/30/2020 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Undergraduate Research Assistant. The student will work with a Computer Science faculty performing research in the area of Machine Learning and High Performance Computing.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will:
- Work on the project: Software development and optimization for real-time hyperspectral image segmentation.
- Learn mathematical and computational tools.
- Perform computer experiments, write code, save results on shared documents, write reports and prepare and deliver presentations.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker.
- The student should be preferably sophomore or junior Computer Science major, who already took Calculus I, Statistics, and Computer Science I and II. Minimum GPA 3.0.
- The student should be disciplined and be able to work with minimal supervision. Also, the student should demonstrate willingness to learn and interest in performing research.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.