Job Title: Development Specialist
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 220421
Reporting to the Director of Foundation Operations with a dotted line to the Special Assistant to the Vice President, the Development Specialist collaborates with staff and volunteers to cultivate mutually beneficial relationships. Among others these important relationships include the Board of Trustees, the Clayton State Retiree Association, Spivey Hall staff/patrons, scholarship donors, and alumni of the University. The Development Specialist provides highly diversified administrative support to the Vice President of University Advancement (VPUA) related to calendar and timely internal filings. Under the direction of the Special Assistant to the Vice President this position will provide support for all donor/volunteer events in both set up, breakdown, and staffing of events. This role will also process gifts made to the foundation, maintains donor/volunteer databases, generates and coordinates donor/volunteer communications, provides administrative support to donor/volunteer groups and programs, assists donors/volunteers with requests for information, and compiles donor/volunteer profiles.Responsibilities
- Processes donor gifts, ensuring they are properly recorded deposited, and acknowledged.
- Processes donor gifts, ensuring they are properly recorded, deposited, and acknowledged.
- Assist with coordination of donor/volunteer events, including receptions, dinners, meetings, and the annual season announcement celebration; provides administrative support to donor/volunteer events and programs; manages related event expense budgets.
- Responds to donor/volunteer requests for information regarding Friends membership and activities, concert sponsorships, fund-raising initiatives, and other Spivey Hall programs.
- Supports the Vice President of University Advancement: This includes, but is not limited to coordinating meetings, making adjustments as needed, determining priorities for calendaring, and ensuring that all materials needed for appointments/meetings are ready and available in a timely fashion.
- Updates donor/volunteer profiles with information entered into databases.
Performs other development and event-related duties as required.
- Minimum two years’ experience in non-profit fundraising and administration, especially in working with databases (experience with Raisers Edge and/or ChoiceCRM a plus).
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass background checks (including financial background check)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of development processes and programs. Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
- Knowledge of effective non-profit fund-raising practices involving individual gifts, sponsorships, and grants.
- Knowledge of music (classical, jazz, world) preferred, not required.
Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, including public speaking skills. Exceptional event planning and organization skills. Effective computer skills using MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as graphic design and database applications.
- Demonstrated ability to write for publication. Ability to work effectively with individual donors, sponsors, and grant-making organizations.
- Ability to represent Clayton State University and its institutionally related Foundation, favorably to a wide range of individuals and organizations.
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.