RN, Value Analysis Coordinator - Supply Chain
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-23
Works within a defined organizational structure to identify process improvement and cost savings opportunities related to improved product service and process standardization and utilization. Reviews and assesses applicable financial clinical operational and evidence based literature and appropriately assists in the selection evaluation monitoring analysis and implementation of cost-effective products services and processes in the healthcare system. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with clinical administrative and healthcare system staff and physicians to ensure effective results-oriented outcomes. These activities are conducted while maintaining or improving the quality of care and safety provided to patients.
- Serves as a liaison between hospital/system administration departments clinical staff to ensure cost-effective utilization of products services and processes including but not limited to medical/surgical supplies capital equipment technology services and process-related activities.
- Process improvement-related activities include operational and clinical resource management opportunities that improve operational and clinical efficiency while maintaining or enhancing the quality and safety of patient care.
- Manages value analysis data for outcome documentation.
- Coordinates and assists in the educational processes regarding value analysis processes.
- Participates as a member chair co-chair or ad hoc member of hospital/system committees or sub-committees.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing from accredited nursing program.
Experience: 3 years relevant experience
Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking and bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.