IT Analyst Associate, Lab Systems
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-11
UVA Medical Center is seeking an IT Analyst Associate to under general supervision provide support for clinical systems in a specific service area/department. Analyzes user system and application needs while obtaining assistance as needed and implements the optimal solution to meet department operational needs. Under general supervision provides direct application support for the update and maintenance of system configuration system setup and application tables. Becomes familiar with and considers all associated business processes operational and industry requirements and related application/system functionality.
Preferred Licensure: PMP/CAPM, MLS(ASCP), CompTia A+ and/or Network+
- Implements phases of clinical applications systems analysis and associated programming/configuration activities (involving the Sunquest Blood Bank System Atlas Data Innovations Crystal Reports etc.).
- Devises and modifies procedures with direction to solve complex problems while taking into consideration software and workflow limitations.
- Installs, maintains, and modifies software applications and associated hardware throughout the Medical Laboratories.
- Under general supervision serves as a liaison between IT and user domains; user needs are reconciled with software capabilities to identify and implement the most appropriate software and/or hardware solution.
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of systems.
- Regularly schedules time to perform independent training (eg. iMentor) and attends on-going in-service training
- Trains Users Acquires and maintains a working knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and with direction modifies systems to comply.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Associate's degree.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.