Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-21
Responsible for performing routine to complex CT procedures for the diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with established protocols under the direction/supervision of a radiologist in an educational hospital based CT department where a wide variety of exams are regularly performed.
- Performs quality assurance checks on equipment and procedure areas.
- Ensures proper safety standards are met.
- Operates required equipment necessary to produce scans using established guidelines and CT protocols.
- Properly identifies and explains procedure to patient.
- Starts IV access according to standard procedure and injects contrast media under the direction of a physician.
- Prepares and positions patient for procedure by using established CT protocols to achieve the highest quality image.
- Instructs students and residents and performs preceptor duties as needed.
- Assists in maintaining supply inventory.
- Participates in on-going service and process improvement efforts.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Graduate of a JRC accredited program in Radiography required. Associate’s Degree preferred. Eligible for ARRT (CT) certification required.
Experience: None required
Licensure: Registered Radiologic Technologist through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT R.T.) required. ARRT (CT) certification required within one year of hire. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping, reaching (overhead, extensive, and repetitive); Repetitive motion: (computer keyboard). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 50 - 100lbs. May be exposed to cold, dust, noise, radiation, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.