Supv Cytotherapy Lab Program
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-08-28
Supervise the daily operations of the cytotherapy laboratory to include supervision over the technical and operational staff. Processes collections and prepares transfusion of cellular therapy products according to cGMP and cGTP guidelines.
- Performs laboratory procedures and provides oversight for the cytotherapy lab.
- Maintains appropriate inventories and effectively manages use of supplies and reagents.
- Ensures appropriate instrument/equipment performance and maintenance.
- Supervises staff technical and professional performance.
- Fosters a work environment which promotes the development of interdisciplinary work groups and fosters partnerships with faculty clinicians colleagues and staff.
- Develops effective programs which address continuous quality improvement and systems enhancement with input from faculty administrator and staff.
- Ensures all policies procedures and manuals are current and accurate.
- Provides leadership to meet compliance requirements with all pertinent federal state and accreditation standards.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Compliance with the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act & Amendments (CLIA)
Experience: 3 years relevant experience
Licensure: Medical Technologist ASCP or equivalent preferred
Job requires sitting, standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking, bending/stooping and reaching (overhead, extensive, repetitive); Repetitive motion: computer use. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, noise, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.