Clinical Research Coordinator – Varying Levels
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-08-28
The Cancer Center Office of Clinical Research at the University of Virginia is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator to conduct a variety of clinical trial activities. Duties will include working with research participants, processing laboratory specimens, document preparation, record keeping, materials preparation, and reviewing of prospective research participants. Clinical Research Coordinators will also assist with clinical trial-related activities, recruit, screen, and consent potential study participants, schedule study visits, prepare and maintain study documentation, collect data at all study visits, compile adverse event data, and manage all data collected. Individuals seeking this position must have strong organization skills, have the ability to problem-solve, work well in a team environment, have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong assessment skills and demonstrate an ability to learn new information quickly.
- Recruit, screen, and enroll study participants who meet research criteria for multiple clinical trials in the Cancer Center.
- Obtain informed consent from study participants and maintain telephone and in-person contact. Notify Principal Investigator and supervisor of subject status.
- Collect subject data, enter and analyze data, and compile reports, adhering to proper research protocols.
- Prepare documentation, reports, graphs, and other materials. Keep appropriate logs, track participants, and prepare study materials.
- Process, prepare, and ship laboratory specimens.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
The four levels of position type applicants will be considered for include the following:
1. Clinical Research Senior, Non-Licensed
2. Clinical Research Senior, Licensed
4. Clinical Research Intermediate, Licensed
3. Clinical Research Coordinator, Licensed
(Clinical Research Senior, Licensed) OR (Clinical Research Senior, Non-Licensed)
- Associate's degree or higher based on medical specialty and at least six years of clinical research experience OR a related Master’s degree and three years of clinical research experience.
- Licensure: Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) and/or Clinical Research Professional (CCRP) required. Master's degree in related field with related work experience may sub at time of hire, with certification required within one year of certification eligibility.
(Clinical Research Coordinator, Licensed) OR (Clinical Research Intermediate, Licensed)
- Associate's degree or higher based on medical specialty and at least one year of clinical research experience is required.
- Licensure: RN or other health -elated licensure as dictated by study (Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, etc.)
All positions are restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. To apply, please submit an application online through Workday at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and attach a current cv/resume and cover letter that includes the positions you would like to be considered for.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.