Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist - Out-patient
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-08-31
Responsible for performing routine to complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in diagnostic radiology to ensure the production of quality images of all anatomical structures for interpretation by Radiologist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively operates and maintains required equipment necessary to produce radiographic images.
- Follows established imaging protocols and ensures image quality standards are met.
- Follows established Safety Standards to ensure safe environment for patients visitors and staff.
- Instructs students and residents and performs preceptor duties as necessary.
- Establishes ownership of clinical area by taking pride in appearance and readiness of exam rooms equipment and supplies.
Education: Graduate of an accredited JRC program in Radiography required.
Associate's Degree in Radiography preferred.
Experience: No experience required
Licensure: Registered Radiologic Technologist through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT R.T.) required. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires standing and sitting for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping and reaching (overhead, extensive, and repetitive). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 50 - 100lbs. May be exposed to fumes, cold, heat, radiation, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.