Head Track and Field Coach, PT
Head Track and Field Coach, PT
FLCC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and strives to provide an environment that embodies these principles. We strive to attract talented personnel from diverse backgrounds and traditions, particularly of race and ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, culture, religion, worldview and physical and mental abilities. As such, applicants from historically under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
The Head Coach reports to the Director of Athletics and is directly responsible for administering and/or assisting with the administration of all areas related to the success of a the program within the NJCAA Division III (non-scholarship) intercollegiate program and the policies and rules established by the NJCAA, Region III, the Mid-State Athletic Conference and Finger Lakes Community College.
A. Educational Background: Bachelor's degree in appropriate field of study.
B. Experience: Coaching experience at the college/university or high school level. Community college experience preferred.
C. Special Skills or Requirements: Excellent communication, organizational, teaching, and supervisory skills are essential. Must demonstrate leadership, and professional behavior when working with student-athletes. Ability to work cooperatively with other members of the faculty, staff, and administration. Willingness to accept responsibility for accomplishment of program objectives under the direction of the appropriate professional staff member. Must also possess a valid driver’s license free of any major violations.
2. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for administering all aspects of the program under his/her charge including coaching, promoting, making team travel arrangements, requisitioning and maintaining equipment, supervising assistants, monitoring of study hall/tutoring hours, and fulfilling other duties as they arise or as assigned.
- Responsible for the recruitment of student athletes in full compliance with the NJCAA and college policies. Responsible for presenting an honest review of the educational program at the college as well as the athletic program.
- Responsible for the monitoring of academic progress of our student-athletes.
- Responsible for being thoroughly familiar with and complying with all College, Department, Regional, and NJCAA and MSAC policies, and disseminate such information to assistants and students.
- Responsible for providing instruction and training necessary to create skills, techniques, and physical conditioning sufficient to enable each participant to compete safely and competently. Must exhibit a high level of expertise in his or her sport and to seek self-improvement by attending clinics, workshops, and other related developmental programs. He/she must stay informed on current trends and strategies.
- Responsible for providing on-site supervision during all practices and matches including locker room supervision.
- Responsible for adhering to the guidelines, policy/procedures in the department policy manual.
- Responsible for treating the academic achievement and requirements necessary for progress toward a degree as a matter of the highest priority for the student-athlete.
- Responsible for assisting the Director of Athletics, and taking an active part in all Athletic Director approved department fund-raising/promotion projects.
- Responsible for representing the College on the highest professional level with dignity, integrity, and strength of character and to exhibit ethical behavior. He/she will earn and sustain the goodwill of the various publics, such as the community, alumni, and the media.
- Responsible for treating coaches, officials, students, and colleagues with respect and dignity. Relationships exhibit no racist, sexist, or other discriminating behaviors.
- Works collaboratively with all athletic support staff, as well as admissions, financial aid, and all other student services by providing information and meeting at scheduled times with them.
- Responsible for assisting student athletes with the transfer to four year college where they are able to compete.
- Responsible for, at the conclusion of the sport season, providing the Director of Athletics with a yearend report.
- Provides valuable input into the budgeting process and administrates team budget responsibly and effectively.
- Supportive of overall program; is on board with the direction of program and is receptive and collegial.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Annual stipend for this position is $7,210
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
- Cover letter
Applications will only be accepted online.
Finger Lakes Community College does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student or applicant for admission based on an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identification, gender expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction or any other category protected by law. The College adheres to all federal and state civil rights laws prohibiting discrimination in public institutions of higher education.