Health Center Nurse - ARNP/RN/LPN
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-08-31
Job Description SummaryA licensed practical nurse, licensed registered nurse, or advanced registered nurse practitioner is a certified individual, who as a result of specialized education and specialized clinical experience possesses knowledge and skills to provide nursing care to adult aged clients in a university setting. The Director of Accessibility Services provides supervisory guidance. This is a one-year contracted position due to the COVID-19 Pandemic although it may be renewable at the end of the contract period.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Assessing or observing student’s health status
- Implementing patient care
- Responding to medical emergencies
- Gathering vital health information
- Performs patient triage and enters vitals into patient record.
- Assist in the high quality of health care delivered to all clients,
- Maintains compliance with State of Florida rules and regulations as applicable to certification and health care delivery policy and procedures.
- Performs medical supports related COVID-19 testing, contact tracing, and direct student, faculty, and staff clinical services
- Represent the Health Center on various committees or at events to include outreach, health assessment, health education, etc.
- Build professional relationships with area physicians, partner hospital system staff, and others who may assist Saint Leo students
- Is an active, engaged, positive member of the Division of Student Affairs and Saint Leo University; contributes to university and division strategic goals; exemplifies the Saint Leo values; uses exemplary customer service in all interactions; and contributes to events and activities as needed
- Perform other duties as required in the absence of the Director and/or as assigned by the Health Center Coordinator and the Vice President of Student Affairs.
- Evening and weekend on-call work (majority handled via telephone and email) is frequently required in order to respond to students in quarantine or with health-related issues.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum Requirements:
- Valid LPN State of Florida License
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced written documentation communication skills
- Medical/legal knowledge, terminology, and experience
- Computer skills, including word processing, database building, spreadsheets, graphics, merges, internet and electronic mail software, and electronic health record system
- Ability to work independently and make proper triage decisions and judgments
- Ability to take, monitor, and interpret vital signs, maintain patient records, and preserve patient confidentiality
- Assist in special procedures, phlebotomy, injections
- Demonstrate clinical competence of adult clients and in-depth knowledge of adolescent/young adult health nursing.
- Preferred Requirements
- Valid ARNP, RN State of Florida License
- Prior experience in a University setting
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
This position is considered as University Essential Personnel – emergency situations may dictate weekend and evening work, including but not limited to, staying on campus during “shelter situations”.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.