Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
Job location: FAU Medicine Primary Care Practice
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-08-28
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
The Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner to serve in its FAU Medicine primary care clinical practice.
The position involves clinical work in the outpatient setting, including opportunities for teaching residents and students. This position provides accurate assessment, diagnosis, treatment, consultation, education and follow-up care to adult patients ranging in age from 18 years to geriatric as well as proper maintenance of records under the direction of the Supervisory Physician and other duties assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses and records patients’ medical and surgical history, physical and psychosocial needs.
- Compiles and evaluates medical and psychological histories of the patients.
- Performs complete physical assessments of patients.
- Identifies and evaluates problems, complaints, and symptoms as reported and presented by patients, by patient families, or by staff about the patients.
- Initiates treatment and therapies according to the protocols established mutually between the ARNP and supervising physician.
- Prescribes medications, monitors medications, and alters medication according to the protocols established mutually between the ARNP and the supervising physician.
- Orders and performs tests and procedures according to the protocols established mutually between the ARNP and the supervising physician.
- Plans and conducts health education for patients, families and facility staff related to the patient’s medical condition, treatment, or prognosis.
- Supports the establishment and management of the practice’s quality assurance/quality monitoring program.
- Participates in the patients’ plan of care, interdisciplinary team meetings, and committee meetings when necessary.
- Discusses findings as needed with attending physician, consulting staff, and medical service providers.
- Reviews the results of tests and procedures, making notations and changes in patients’ plans or orders according to the protocols established mutually between the ARNP and the supervising physician.
- Continues to monitor the health care services provided and changes orders as necessary to meet the individual patient needs according to the protocols established mutually between the ARNP and the supervising physician.
- Contacts the physician for any condition requiring direct evaluation or specific consultation by the physician according to the protocols established mutually between the ARNP and the supervising physician.
- Interacts with patients’ family members, as needed.
Primary care experience preferred.
Current State of Florida ARNP License, National Board Certification and BLS Certification required.
Completion of an approved nurse practitioner experience preferred.
Experience in women’s health and using an electronic medical records system preferred.
Excellent problem solving, written, verbal and electronic communication skills preferred.
Ability to take initiative and be creative as well as collaborate with colleagues to provide quality healthcare preferred.
Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.Salary:Commensurate with ExperienceCollege or Department:College of MedicineLocation:FAU Medicine Primary Care PracticeWork Days and Hours:Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m; with evenings and weekends as needed, work days and hours may vary based off of the operating hours of the practice.Application Deadline: 2020-09-13-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.