Student: Drive thru and Kitchen Staff
Posting DetailsJob TitleStudent: Drive thru and Kitchen StaffRequisition NumberSE02692Department Name3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork LocationLexington, KYOn Campus/Off CampusOff CampusSalary Range$9.00-10.00/ hourType of PositionStudentPosition Time Status Part-TimePreferred Education/ExperienceHours per Week
20-50 hrs/wkJob Summary
You must be a current UK student to apply for this position.
Prepares quality food in a clean, safe, and efficient manner so that guests will have an enjoyable experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1.Performs all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen, Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor, Food Prep, and if applicable, Drive-Thru) as needed and depending on store volume, during a shift to ensure that preparation (portion control), temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
2.Operates switchboard and records customer order, repeats order in a clear and understandable manner.
3.Operates Drive-Thru window and sales register and makes accurate change quickly and efficiently.
4.Prepares fountain drinks and ice cream items.
5.Prepares food by cutting and chopping food items and cooking on grill or in fryers.
6.Prepares food orders efficiently within 2-3 minute time frame.
7.Packages all menu items into bags or trays and places drink orders into drink carriers.
8.Serves food to customers in an efficient manner in the Drive-Thru and as necessary when working in other Basic Stations.
9.Moves food product weighing up to 50 lbs into freezer and shelves stacked from floor to ceiling.
10.Routinely disposes of trash by transporting bags outside and into dumpsters.
11.Cleans all areas of drive-in, including mopping, sweeping, washing dishes, wiping counter-tops and emptying used grease.
12.Performs frequent washing and sanitizing of: food areas, food preparation tools, and hands.
- Displays the importance of placing guests’ needs first on a consistent basis.
- Responds to guests requests in a respectful manner. Promptly reports complaints to a member of the drive-in management team.
- Wears required uniform and appropriate personal protective equipment as outlined in the company operations manual.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned or required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Effective communication skills
- Basic math and basic reading skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Complies with all company Policies and Procedures, and all health and sanitation laws and regulations.
- Successfully completes and follows requirements of all STAR certification and other company training programs.
- Continuous standing, bending, stooping, lifting, stretching and frequent over-head lifting will be required when staging, preparing or packaging menu items and/or cleaning.
- General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations preferred, but not required.
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date08/31/2020Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * You must be a UK student to hold this position. Are you a UK student?