Radiology Technologist Sr/General/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleRadiology Technologist Sr/General/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24329Working TitleX-Ray TechnologistDepartment NameH3183: Routine ProceduresWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level09Salary Range$19.66-31.91/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
ASClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
Registry eligiblePhysical Requirements
Lifting, pulling, pushing of heavy objectsShift
The Radiology Technician Senior/General will provide diagnostic imaging for patients to assist the patient’s physician in expediting needed care.
Job duties include: perform or assist in procedures per department protocols, maintain a clean and safe work environment, utilize proper procedures for identifying images, patients and marking images correctly for interpretation, and order exams that match the procedures being performed.
This position will also assist in a QA review to maintain professional standards for themselves and student technologists that they are called upon
**New Starting Pay Rate** The starting pay for this position was recently adjusted based on current demand for this role. The minimum hourly rate for this position will now be $22.00/hour. All pay rates will be based on candidate’s experience.
PACS, RISDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceDeadline to Apply09/11/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you currently hold a certification in radiology (AART) or are you eligible to obtain certification by your start date?
- * Do you have a diploma, associates degree or higher in radiology, or anticipate receiving a degree?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter