Online Adjunct Professor, Sport, Event, and Tourism Management
Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position TitleOnline Adjunct Professor, Sport, Event, and Tourism ManagementDoes this position require driving?NoContactOnline School of BusinessContact Phone Ext434- 582-2910Contact [email protected] Summary/Basic Function
Online adjunct faculty are a student’s connection to both the academic discipline and the University. Online faculty are responsible for teaching courses as assigned and will also take advantage of teaching moments and opportunities through the use of weekly announcements and emails. The online adjunct will carry out various administrative tasks as required by University policy and communicated through the leadership team. These administrative tasks will include items such as roster verification, reporting items, and timely submission of final grades.
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to students.
- Participate in school retention initiatives by maintaining productive contact with students and by getting in touch with and offering assistance to absent students.
- Advise students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors.
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspect of the educational process.
- Maintain and reports student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
- Other duties connected to administration of their assigned courses.
To teach at the baccalaureate level, faculty must possess a graduate degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the related discipline.
To teach at the Master’s level, faculty will need to possess a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the related discipline and hold a related, conferred terminal degree.
- Full doctrinal compatibility with Liberty University.
- Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Superior interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and communication skills required.
- Creative, innovative, and problem solving skills required.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments timely and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Able to obtain and maintain licenses if applicable as required by state or accrediting commissions.
- Applications for consideration will only be accepted via Liberty University’s online automated application process.
- Sport-related experience desired.
-3 – 5 years teaching experience either in a classroom or online or a combination of both. -3 – 5 years applied experience in a related field.
VariesPosting Date08/28/2020Special Instructions for ApplicantsQuicklinkhttp://jobs.liberty.edu/postings/29236Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation
- Teaching Philosophy
- Pastoral Reference Letter
- Academic/Professional Reference Letter 1
- Academic/Professional Reference Letter 2
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document
- Professional License(s)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).