Success Coach, Catto Scholarship (4 Positions Available)
Posting DetailsPosition TitleSuccess Coach, Catto Scholarship (4 Positions Available)Requisition NumberSCA00406General Description
The Catto Scholarship is a “last dollar” opportunity that includes multiple evidence-based supports to help students achieve academic success. The Success Coach will provide a broad range of supportive services including, but not limited to, on-going intensive case management; facilitating connections to campus academic, social-emotional, basic needs, and transfer and career resources and activities in a concerted effort to best facilitate academic and personal success to ensure retention and on-time graduation for all Catto Scholarship students.Specific Responsibilities
• Create individualized success plans (ISP) with and for each Catto Scholarship student on assigned caseload.
• Regularly monitor and document students’ progress and level of participation in required programming toward meeting benchmarks and maintaining Catto Scholarship eligibility.
• Assess the students’ need for services and supports and coordinate the connection to relevant departments for enrollment and financial aid issues, academic advising and educational support services, counseling, 4-year transfer opportunities and career development resources and basic needs resources and supports.
• Facilitate and track the distribution of Catto Scholarship food, book and transportation stipends for each Catto Scholar student on assigned caseload.
• Monitor the usage of Catto Scholarship food, book and transportation stipends for each student on assigned caseload for data collection, reporting and budget purposes.
• Actively participate in Student Assistance Team (SAT) meetings with Catto Scholarship Office staff to regularly review student progress and identify and address the mitigation and removal of barriers impacting retention and completion.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of the Catto Scholarship bridge program.
• Assist in monthly data collection, assessment and reports.
• Assist in the recruitment, enrollment and orientation of new Catto Scholarship students, as needed.
• Collaborate with faculty and staff to develop and implement programming and policies leading to student retention and academic outcomes.
• Participate in professional development activities specific to job responsibilities.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the College.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in education, social services or related field required.
• Two (2) years direct experience working in an education or social service environment along with experience working with culturally diverse populations required.
• Experience working with individual caseloads of students/clients providing intensive case management required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel required.
• Demonstrated competency in organizing data, maintaining files, and preparing reports required.
• Previous experience in creating and facilitating quality workshops and presentations for groups required.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds required.
• Exceptional organization and planning skills required.
• Ability to work in a close team environment and collaborate with others required.Preferred Qualifications
• Master’s degree preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Experience working in a higher education setting preferred.
• Experience working remotely to engage students and accomplish tasks preferred.
• Familiarity with integrated management software such as Banner, Starfish, as well as social media platforms, preferred.
• Previous experience in the development and implementation of student programming leading to increased retention and academic outcomes preferred.
• Proficient in managing budgets preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on September 11, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank1Salary RangeSalary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date08/28/2020Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministratorJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have two (2) years direct experience working in an education or social service environment along with experience working with culturally diverse populations?
- * Do you have experience working with individual caseloads of students/clients providing intensive case management?
- * Do you have previous work experience in higher education?
- * Do you have experience working remotely to engage students and accomplish tasks?
- * Are you familiar with integrated management software such as Banner, Starfish, as well as social media platforms?
- * Do you have previous experience in the development and implementation of student programming leading to increased retention and academic outcomes?
- * Are you proficient in managing budgets?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application