Career Connections Pathway Coordinator
Posting DetailsPosition TitleCareer Connections Pathway CoordinatorRequisition NumberSCA00407General Description
Reporting into the Director, the Career Connections Pathway Coordinator provides guidance and career-readiness coaching to students and alumni of the College based on their academic pathway/major and career goals. The position requires a high-level of interaction with students, faculty, staff, and employers, as well as the ability to exercise considerable initiative, collaboration and independent judgment. The Career Connections Coordinator supports the department in maintaining and establishing key partnerships with employers throughout the City of Philadelphia and region to create internships, externships, career development and job opportunities for our students and alumni.Specific Responsibilities
• Facilitate and manage all career-readiness outreach activities and events for students and alumni for assigned academic pathways including program and event implementation and evaluation of activities and outcomes.
• Identify and connect with students in assigned academic pathways through classroom presentations, one-on-one coaching, faculty and staff, events and activities, etc., and assess student’s career-readiness and employment needs.
• Create and deliver career-readiness workshops for students in assigned academic pathways to ensure their preparation for hiring events, career fairs and employer-led activities and conduct follow-ups and assessments with students and employers in designated industries.
• Meet with students regularly and document interactions and follow-up activities to understand their job, career goals, career-readiness needs.
• Coordinate and facilitate employer engagement activities for students in designated academic pathways, such as; identifying industry related guest speakers, career fairs, employer site visits, job-shadow experiences, experiential learning opportunities and information sessions each semester.
• Serve as a facilitator for and between employers and students for designated academic pathways and industries.
• Assist the Director in the development of action plans to enhance employer and student engagement for assigned academic pathways based on the strategic plan goals for Career Connections.
• Coordinate, plan and assist with the design of experiential learning opportunities with employer partners and faculty for assigned academic pathways.
• Utilize department career-readiness database systems to report, track, measure and analyze outcomes and activities (12Twenty CSM, Big Interview, Virtual Job Shadow, etc.).
• Assist the Manager of Employer Partnerships with outreach and management of employers for on-campus events (on an as needed basis) for industries related to assigned academic pathways.
• Coordinate and facilitate employer engagement activities each semester for designated academic pathways and analyze and report outcomes.
• In collaboration with the Manager of Employer Partnerships, advise employers on strategies for alerting students to opportunities for internships and jobs and manage employer expectations for hiring events and recruitment process for designated academic pathways.
• Compile and analyze data on employer needs and results of employer-led events and collaborate with the Manager of Employer Partnerships to inform future employer engagement activities and recruitment outcomes with the College on behalf of our students.
• Assist the Director in creating policy and procedures to ensure the quality and integrity of career-readiness events and activities, internship development and employer partner alignment.
• Collaborate with Career Connections staff to organize and set the annual departmental and employer events calendar, including all deadlines and processes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree from required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Two (2) years of relevant work experience, in areas such as student engagement, career counseling, job placement, etc. is required.
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to persuasively present workshops to students and employers.
• Strong student advocacy skills with a proven ability to work with a diverse population of students, employers, faculty and colleagues.
• Strong communication skills required to clearly and effectively deliver information to internal and external audiences, and all levels of management.
• Strong inter-personal and collaboration skills required.
• Ability to work in a team environment and build cooperative relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
• Analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills required.
• Good organizational and time-management skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to follow-through on projects and tasks required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
• Demonstrated professionalism required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.Preferred Qualifications
• Two (2) years of experience in a higher education or career services setting strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with career services-related software preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on September 11, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank2Salary RangeSalary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date08/28/2020Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministratorJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have two (2) years of relevant work experience in areas such as student engagement, career counseling, job placement, etc.?
- * Do you have two (2) years of experience in a higher education or career services setting?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency utilizing MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint?
- * Do you have familiarity with career services related software?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application