Assistant Medical Director/Staff Physician
Posting DetailsVacancy TypeEHRA Non-FacultyIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleAssistant Medical Director/Staff PhysicianSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with experiencePosition Number00001706Work ScheduleMonday-Friday, 40 hours per week; occasional evening and weekend clinic duties.Full Time Equivalent (FTE)1.00Department244030 - Student Health ServicesDepartmentStudent Health ServicesJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
Division of Academic and Student Affairs Mission, Values & Objectives
We promote the success of the whole student. In collaboration with our colleagues across campus, we prepare students to succeed academically, professionally and personally, to embrace a commitment to lifelong learning, and to become informed, engaged, and productive citizens.
The purpose of Student Health Services (SHS) is to provide appropriate, affordable, accessible and high quality primary health care to eligible students. The major function of SHS is to provide outpatient care to the 34,000+ NC State students. Some level of medical care or nursing advice is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Hours of service vary during the summer and during holidays and student breaks.
All of our staff members have standards that guide the work we do everyday:
- Student Health Values are Respect, Integrity, Customer Service, Teamwork, and Excellence.
We expect our staff to consistently demonstrate these values.
Staff Physician responsibilities include:
- Providing quality patient care including interviewing, examination, treatment, follow up and referrals as needed
- Educating patients in the areas of wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources
- Documenting all services in electronic medical record according to SHS charting standards
- Participating in quality and performance improvement projects, peer review, and continuing education
- Participating in committees and departmental meetings as assigned
- Working cooperatively and productively with cross functional teams and departments
- Dealing tactfully, positively, and productively with patients, staff, and university administrators
- Maintaining confidentiality according to SHS and federal guidelines and regulations
- Assisting in resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients
- Responding to urgent and emergent situations
- Performing duties within a high volume medical practice
- Consulting with Director, Medical Director and other professional staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment and education
- Complying with all applicable policies, rules, regulations and directives including SHS guidelines and procedures and those issued by supervisors
- Participating in safety drills (medical, fire, disaster)
- Supervising 1-2 physician extenders
Assistant Medical Director responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Medical Director in oversight of the clinical care in SHS including but not limited to implementation of policies and procedures, strategic operations, etc
- Providing leadership to the Primary Care teams: mentoring, scheduling, Quality Improvement programs
- Assisting in the continued implementation of the Patient Centered Medical Home Model in Primary Care
- Co-chairing the continuing education program
Other duties as assignedMinimum Education/Experience
- Graduation from accredited medical school and successful completion of primary care residency
- Must be board certified in a primary care specialty and maintain board certification through employment
- License to practice medicine in the state of North Carolina, or eligible for licensure
- Current DEA license
- Successful completion of primary care residency training and board certification in a primary care specialty.
- Information technology proficiency and experience with electronic medical record.
- Experience with AAAHC accreditation standards.
- Experience with college-aged population with a demonstrated appreciation of their unique needs.
- Experience with leadership roles, quality improvement programs and clinic flow management.
- Must be board certified in a primary care specialty and maintain board certification through employment.
- License to practice medicine in the state of North Carolina, or be eligible for licensure.
- Current DEA license.
In addition to your application please submit a cover letter, resume/CV, and the contact information for three professional references.Job Open Date01/14/2020Anticipated Closing Date1/29/2020Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date02/24/2020AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- Job Alert (automated email from our system)
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References