Posting DetailsVacancy TypeEHRA Non-FacultyIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleStaff PhysicianSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with ExperiencePosition Number00004175Work ScheduleThis is a 12 month position, working daytime 40 hours/week M-F with weekend Saturday rotation and occasional evenings based on demands of the clinic.Full Time Equivalent (FTE)1.00Department244030 - Student Health ServicesDepartmentStudent Health ServicesJob City & StateRaleigh NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
Division of Academic and Student Affairs Mission, Values & Objectives
We promote the success of the whole student. In collaboration with our colleagues across campus, we prepare students to succeed academically, professionally and personally, to embrace a commitment to lifelong learning, and to become informed, engaged, and productive citizens.
The purpose of Student Health Services (SHS) is to provide appropriate, affordable, accessible and high quality primary health care to eligible members of the campus community. The major function of SHS is to provide outpatient care to the 34,000+ NC State students. Some level of medical care or nursing advice is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Hours of service vary during the summer and during holidays and student breaks.
All of our staff members have standards that guide the work we do everyday: Student Health Values are Respect, Integrity, Customer Service, Teamwork, and Excellence.Essential Job Duties
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of the Staff Physician:
- Provide quality, full-scale direct patient care to eligible persons. Direct patient care includes history-taking, examination, treatment, follow up and referral, as appropriate.
- Interpret x-ray, ECG and other laboratory tests.
- Provide primary-level mental health care including evaluation and treatment of anxiety, depression and attention deficit disorder.
- Perform minor surgical procedures: suturing, incision and drainage, minor wound and burn care.
- Provide care in a culturally, ethnically and racially diverse environment.
- Document all services in electronic medical records according to SHS charting standards.
- Participate in quality and performance improvement projects, peer review and continuing education.
- Participate in safety drills (medical, fire, disaster).
- Supervise and support the professional practice of physician extenders.
- Mentor and precept healthcare professionals in training.
- Participate in SHS committees and departmental meetings, as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality according to SHS and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Consult with Director, Medical Director and other professional staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment and education.
- Assist in resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients.
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Education/Experience
- Must possess an unrestricted license to practice medicine in North Carolina.
- Must possess a Medical degree from an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy and show successful completion of board eligibility or certification in a primary care specialty preferably in Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine or Emergency Medicine.
- Must have three years recent experience delivering patient care service in an ambulatory care setting and show evidence of collaborative practice/supervision of advanced practice nurses and physician assistants.
- Current DEA license
Demonstrated competencies and skills in primary care medicine including, but not limited to physical assessment, suturing/minor surgical procedures and mental health screening.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills with a strong emphasis on customer service, including ability to collaborate with other clinicians, allied healthcare professionals, support staff and health center/campus administration.
- Ability to receive assignments and work independently under general direction without reluctance.
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment.
Knowledge of and experience with Electronic Medical Records.Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
Experience with College Health, Urgent Care, GLBT community, Men’s Health
Experience with multi-cultural traditions and/or working knowledge of travel-related infectious diseases
Fluency in languages other than EnglishRequired License or Certification
Graduation from accredited medical school and successful completion of primary care residency.
Must be board certified in a primary care specialty and maintain board certification throughout employment.
License to practice medicine in the state of North Carolina, or be eligible for licensure.
Current DEA license.Special Instructions
Please provide contact information for three professional references.Job Open Date08/08/2019Anticipated Closing Date08/22/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date09/16/2019AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you selected "Other" for the previous question, please provide the source you learned about this opportunity from.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References