Research Support Specialist (Hussman Institute for Human Genomics)
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-08-28
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
About This Position
The John P. Hussman Institute for Human Genomics (HIHG) at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine has an exciting career opportunity for a Research Support Specialist. The Research Support Specialist performs a variety of duties involved in the collection, compilation, and documentation of research data related to the assigned research studies. The incumbent also assists with the implementation of daily study activities and provides statistical support to these activities.
The duties and responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Researches, collects, analyzes, and synthesizes data and maintains databases.
- Conducts quality assurance checks, reports on the status of research activities, and submits monthly activity logs for protocol.
- Organizes and coordinates community working group meetings for protocol activities.
- Serves as primary point of contact for community partners and supervises and oversees research data collection at protocol venues in the community.
- Reviews study progress, identifies areas of opportunity, and recommends solutions.
- Prepares and updates study research procedures manuals.
- Assists with the preparation of grant proposals by processing regulatory documents for all institutions and offices involved.
- Contributes to the publication and presentation of significant results and writes and edits material for publication and presentation.
- Maintains research files and responds to phone calls on the research study phone line.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Bachelor's Degree in a closely related field of study with at least two years of relevant experience. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form. Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure. Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships. Ability to understand and follow instructions. Any relevant education, certifications and/or work experience may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:r4