Sr. Director Campus HR, HSC
Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting TitleSr. Director Campus HR, HSCDepartmentSYS-Human Resources-910600Job LocationDentonFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeSalary InformationSalary Commensurate With ExperienceDepartment Summary
Join the UNT System Human Resources team as we continue our journey to transform the lives of our students through our partnerships and services to our component institutions and System Administration. It’s an exciting time in the UNT System, with many current and new HR initiatives on the horizon. We are looking for a Sr Director Campus HR, HSC to be part of supporting these initiatives and our dynamic culture.Position Overview
The University of North Texas System (UNTS) has a great opportunity for an experienced HR Business Partner II – Campus Director at the Fort Worth location. Our vision is to provide the best approach to deliver HR services to our constituents in the most effective and efficient manner to help drive business outcomes. As a result, we are seeking a HR Business Partner II – Campus Director for our HR Shared Services. This new team member will contribute to our goal to be the strategic partner needed by our constituents while providing outstanding programs and services. Join our team in this exciting time and help us develop the future of the University of North Texas System.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration or related field and a minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible leadership experience in human resources administration, organizational and employee development, employee relations, performance management, benefits, compensation, strategic human resource planning, and supporting a diverse workforce, and five or more years in a supervisory role. At least 5 years of leadership experience in a Health Science Center and/or Healthcare CenterKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strategic thinker, planner and strong leader.
- Skills in collaboration, change management, and consensus building.
- Knowledge of and commitment to HR best practices in organizational leadership, employee recruitment and retention, training and development, compensation and benefits management, conflict resolution, program implementation, employment law, and HRIS technology.
- Current knowledge of federal/state regulations related to employment and employee relations, including but not limited to ADA, FLSA, and FMLA.
- Working knowledge of compensation philosophies and benefits administration processes and programs.
- Active leader in developing programs to foster a diverse and inclusive community, independent judgment; excellent organizational, analytical, planning, problem solving, multi-tasking, presentation, interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills.
- Creative and innovative in helping the University meet its vision, mission, and goals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and constituents.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated team leadership experience including strong supervisory and coaching skills.
- Strong interpersonal, conflict management, customer service and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; working knowledge of PeopleSoft desired.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Master’s Degree, strong working knowledge of compensation and benefits.
Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pmDriving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification TitleHR Business Partner IIPhysical RequirementsWriting, Talk or Hear Job Duties o
Supports the UNTHSC Values-Based Hiring model.o
Assess the current Human Resources services/programs and need for developing and implementing new services/programs to meet the needs of the campus community.o
Demonstrates effective team management skills, develops business proposals for justification of HR related initiatives, ability to develop and execute short and long-term departmental plans.o
Provides leadership of HR programs including compensation, benefits, employee relations, flexible work arrangements, performance evaluation, training and development, employee engagement and retention of employees.o
Assess and recommend comprehensive, competitive compensation plan and benefit programs to ensure policies, procedures and programs are in alignment with the University’s overall strategic objectives and vision.o
Provides proactive advise/counsel to the President, Cabinet and senior level employees.o
Provides input to strategic plans and leads the review, development, and modification of processes, procedures, and programs that are in compliance with federal, state, local, and University requirements.o
Plays a key role in advancing the relationships between the Human Resources Department and institutional departments to help facilitate the success of the University’s purpose, vision, mission and goals.o
Serves as HR representation on campus-wide committees, task forces and work groups. Meets regularly with senior leadership.o
As a trusted advisor, the HR Director will provide advice and guidance to University administration in decision making.o
Acts as a liaison between System HR and other internal HR service providers.o
Foresees and recommends the need to adapt human resource policies and procedures to address current and future challenges.o
Partners with other HR leadership to align HR programs, policies, procedures and systems to meet the goal of the institution.o
Keeps the University President & Cabinet informed of any significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of university goals.o
Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with other HR leadership to develop solutions, programs and policies.o
In partnership with the Office of General Council, maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements and options related to day-to-day management of employees, to include evaluation of employee performance and actions available to reward, modify or terminate employment, thereby reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.o
Directs and oversees a team of professional staff.o
Develops and maintains professional knowledge and associations in the areas of assignment and in the general Human Resources field.o
Observes safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed and work supervised.o
Leverage a broad range of HR and client organizational knowledge for action planning, issue prevention, and strategic initiative implementation.o
Contribute to business and/or organizational strategy by supporting business leaders to identify, prioritize and build organizational climate, capabilities, behaviors, structures and processes.o
Standardize service level expectations for HR related services; develop and maintain metrics for tracking success.o
Assess and enhance the HR based professional development programs for staff and faculty at the UNTHSC.Posting NumberS940PPosition End Date (if temporary)Special Instructions to ApplicantsQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/38078Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelors degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration or related field?
- * Do you have a minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible leadership experience in human resources administration organizational and employee development, employee relations, performance management, benefits, compensation, strategic human resources planning and supporting a diverse workforce?
- * Do you have 5 or more years in a supervisory role?
- * Do you have at least 5 years of leadership experience in Health Science Center and/or Healthcare Center?
- Cover Letter
- List of Names and Contact Information for 3 references
- Other Document