UNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.
Posting TitleAdmissions OfficerDepartmentUNT-Admissions-Gen-164500Job LocationAustinFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeSalary Information$42,000.00Department Summary
The Office of Admissions is a vital contributor to the enrollment success at the University of North Texas through student outreach, recruitment endeavors, and a commitment to providing personalized assistance to students throughout the college application and admissions process.
The Office of Admissions at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Admissions Officer for the recruitment of prospective students. Under the direction of the Sr. Director of Recruitment and the Assistant Director, Admissions Recruitment & Outreach, work involves, but is not limited to; local travel, counseling and guidance of applicants for admission, and rendering of directional services to community colleges in the Austin area with occasional overnight in and out of state.
*This position is based in Austin, Texas.
Bachelor’s Degree and one year of experience in recruiting, academic advising, counseling, student services, customer service or related experience or can substitute education for experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong presentation skills and problem solving skills.
- Developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to obtain credit card for travel.
- Good driving record and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Professional in appearance, motivated, self-directed and have the ability and willingness to communicate enthusiastically with diverse populations in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to obtain credit card, to travel, and present group presentations.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Professional in appearance, motivated, self-directed, and have the ability and willingness to communicate enthusiastically with diverse populations in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
- Candidate will need to have the ability to provide their own computer and internet connection for the possibility of remote work.
Required License / Registration / Certification
Driving University VehicleYesSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Classification TitleAdmissions OfficerPhysical RequirementsCarrying, Driving, Kneeling, Lifting up to 50 pounds, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Writing, Talk or Hear, Walking Job Duties
Provide high-level customer service to prospective students and families in office via phone, email, in-person meetings.
Timely completion of administrative forms and documentation.
Schedule regular visits with students and counselors in assigned territories and focus on maintaining strong relationships with key school contacts.
Develop proactive territory management plan to convert students through the stages of the admissions funnel from suspect/prospect student stage to enrollment.
Plan and participate in admissions recruitment events on campus and at schools in assigned territory.
Demonstrate high level of professionalism with admissions staff, prospective students, and cross campus partners.
Keep up to date on admissions policies and processes.
Consistent use of technology to facilitate communications and data driven decision making.
Responsible and professional use of office and university resources.
Willingness to volunteer to cover events or help when additional assistance is needed to complete required admissions tasks.
Posting NumberS1074PPosition End Date (if temporary)Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Quicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/39120Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- * Do you have one year of experience in recruiting, academic advising, counseling, student services, customer service or related experience or can substitute education for experience.
- * Do you possess a valid Texas Drivers License or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment?
Documents Needed to ApplyRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of Names and Contact Information for 3 references
- Letter of Recommendation
- Other Document