Testing Services - Work-Study Student Assistant
Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting TitleTesting Services - Work-Study Student AssistantDepartmentDAL-Academic Advising-513250Job LocationDallasFull Time/Part TimePart-TimePay Rate$10.00Salary Information$10.00 / hourlyDepartment Summary
This position is located in the Academic Testing department at UNT Dallas. Academic Testing Services supports UNT Dallas’s mission of empowering students, transforming lives, and strengthening communities by providing opportunities for the assessment of knowledge and skills relating to academic and professional goals.Position Summary
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
• Administers and oversees tests according to strictly prescribed guidelines and standards; checks examinee identification and rosters, distributes test materials, and monitors the conduct of examinees.
• Assist in the enforcement of test security policies and procedures before, during, and after testing.
• Schedules testing appointments and assigns test taker workstations to ensure efficient workflow.
• Prepares and organizes testing materials in accordance with individual testing requirements and with established testing protocol and guidelines.
• Works closely with Academic Advising, Admissions, Registrar, and Financial aid office to assist students with enrollment processes.
• Provides general administrative assistance, to include answering phone inquiries and provision of information and assistance to walk-in students.
• Communicates with students campus events.
• Fills out and assists students with completing academic forms and documents.
• Effectively manages security sensitive/confidential information.
• Creates and manages files/folders.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Currently enrolled UNT Dallas, UNT Dallas College of Law, HSC or UNT student in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree or certification program. Applicants must possess the following:
- Must qualify as work-study eligible.
- Excellent customer service skills, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Some knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions accurately.
- Good interpersonal skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds.
- Responsible, reliable and punctual.
- Ability to learn assigned tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines, and to develop some skill in the operation of common office equipment.
TSI complete in reading, writing, and math.Required License / Registration / CertificationWork Schedule
Varies based on academic scheduleDriving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Physical RequirementsCarrying, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or HearPosting NumberStu075HPPosition End Date (if temporary)Special Instructions to Applicants
Please include a PDF of your financial aid award, current unofficial transcript, and class schedule.Quicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/39225Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you eligible for Work Study?
- * Please describe your knowledge of personal computers and related software, i.e. Microsoft Office.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe a situation when you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it? What happened?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Class Schedule (Student)
- Financial Aid Summary (Student)
- Letter of Recommendation