Mail Clerk (Deadline Extended)
Job Title: Mail Clerk (Deadline Extended)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 13927
Job Code: 1505 Mail Clerk
Job Grade: Range A
Department: Mail,Warehouse & Property Svcs
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $2,705 - $3,166 per month
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, a fee waiver education program, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');if (typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject != null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
The Mail Clerk performs a variety of duties under immediate supervision. These duties include: collecting and processing of mail, operation of mail carts and computers, use of postage meters and scales, and maintaining of records.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$1');if (typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject != null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
- Maintain accurate records and files
- Maintain a good relationship with coworkers and customers
- Follow instructions
- Maintain accuracy and speed when processing and delivering mail
- Assist in customer services to include phone and walk-ins regarding job status and delivery status for Print Services and customer service for lost and found.
- Preparations of outgoing mail and parcels using appropriate packing solutions and appropriate computer software.
- Provide customer services at Mail Services counter including selling product and receiving payment from customers.
- Preparation of bulk mailing in conjunction with Print Services including running NCOA address-checking software, folding and inserting equipment, tabbing equipment, and other tasks to complete mail projects.
- Sort mail for delivery to appropriate campus locations as per department expectations. Deliver mail to appropriate campus locations.
- Pickup of outgoing mail (both inter-campus and outgoing mail) from assigned mail-drop locations.
- Stay current on computer and computer software required to automate mail and process necessary forms.
- Deliver Mail to the downtown Post office.
- Perform pick-ups for Print Services when needed.
- Regular attendance is required and maintained.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- General knowledge of office methods, supplies and equipment
- Knowledge of shipping methods and techniques
- Knowledge of postal regulations and classifications
- Knowledge of general mathematical calculations; alphabetical, numerical and non-numerical filing, indexing and cross-reference methods
- Ability to:
- Learn and retain regulations and know all mail routes and stops
- Plan and organize work to meet the daily needs of the campus community
- Assist campus departments regarding postal regulations and requirements for mail and shipping classifications
- Write legibly to log information related to receipt and delivery of mail and parcels; code, sort, post and check materials
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff and the public
- Recognize and maintain confidentiality of information in compliance with departmental regulations
- Accurately interpret and apply current postage rate charts and regulations
- Operate and maintain routing office equipment
- Lift or move up to 50 pounds
Education and Experience
- One year of experience in a general office work, stock clerk or delivery service work, or experience in a post office.
October 31, 2020var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$5','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$5');if (typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject != null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Complete the required fields on the online application, a resume, and three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is also required. Full consideration will not be given to applicants who fail to complete all application requirements.
Pursuant to Executive Order 1088, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
How To Apply
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://cmshr.fresnostate.edu/psp/HFRPRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$7','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$7');if (typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject != null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
California State University, Fresno, in conjunction with the CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, alcohol/drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/index.html
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: https://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083-rev-7-21-17.html
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Other Applicant Information
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
It is the policy of the California State University to fill vacant positions represented by the California State University Employees' Union (CSUEU) with qualified applicants currently employed on the campus. Other applicants may be selected when it is necessary to meet the best interests of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from campus applicants.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 2004-12), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, California State University, Fresno's statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer high-quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 24,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and
culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.