Student Clerical Assistant (Federal Work Study)
How to Apply to this PostingSpecial Instructions
In order to apply for this position, a student must have applied for Federal Work Study and received an authorization notification from the Financial Aids Program Coordinator, Mrs. Debra Reynolds.
Please make sure that you upload the authorization notification in the others section of applicant documents.Posting DetailsJob TitleStudent Clerical Assistant (Federal Work Study)Employment StatusPart Time .25DepartmentSchool of Education & PsychologyPurpose of Job
This position is located in Department of Health Physical Education and Recreation, Dr. Johnny Thomas, Supervisor.
To provide clerical assistance to the department.Scope of Responsibilities
To provide clerical assistance to the department.Essential Job Functions
• Assist with the day-to-day operations of the office
• Distribute office correspondence
• Handle incoming and outgoing mail
• Establish and maintain the filing system
• Greet guests
• Run errands
• Work with faculty and staff on department events
• Become knowledgeable of the office’s function and have an understanding of office goals
• Be punctual in adhering to scheduled work hours
Enrolled as a student at Alcorn State University
Have completed the Federal Work Study Requirements and received an authorization notification from the Financial Aid Programs Coordinator.
• Must be dependable and able to work without supervisor’s constant oversight;
• Must have excellent interpersonal, customer relations, communication, and organizational skills;
• Effective time management skills;
• Computer skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products, e-mail and internet;
• Highly organized, detail oriented;
• Successful experience working in a team environment; and
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, objectives, and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Alcorn State University
Equal Employment Opportunity and Notice of Non-Discrimination
Alcorn State University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Alcorn State University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).