Senior Enterprise Application Developer
Job location: San Antonio TAMUSA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-04
Job TitleSenior Enterprise Application DeveloperAgencyTexas A&M University - San AntonioDepartmentOffice Of The Chief Information Officer (Cio)Proposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationSan Antonio, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
The Senior Enterprise Applications Developer, under general direction, provides technical leadership and oversees the deployment and delivery of enterprise-wide software development projects or services. Participates in mentoring, training, and developing other employees. Performs extensive specialized, technical duties.
- Serves as the Enterprise Applications department's lead technical liaison to clients, vendors, and executive management. Develops technical specifications based on input from stakeholders.
- Under the umbrella of shared governance, provides technical oversight for the design of and establishes design standards for enterprise-wide applications.Collaborates with other technical staff to oversee enterprise processes for the evaluation of new technologies. Makes technical recommendations to enterprise executive leadership.
- Working with the IT Enterprise Applications Manager, oversees designs and process control for supporting the delivery of large scale information technology services. Monitors and analyzes operations metrics. Recommends continuous improvement, to include corrective actions and movement towards lean operations.
- Establishes standards and processes used to review and analyze software documentation and production results in order to facilitate problem resolution of enterprise-wide applications.
- Establishes testing standards and procedures. Provides technical oversight for the testing of enterprise-wide applications.
- Provides technical guidance for data architecture design.
- Oversees the process for the evaluation of software products and programming languages. Makes technical recommendations to executive leadership.
- Research best practices and business needs, and analyzes process improvement opportunities.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves as a senior member of the Enterprise Applications team responsible for setting the enterprise's technical standards and direction.
- Consults with end users regarding IT system needs in coordination with other ITS team members and shared governance committees.
- Responds to and resolves IT application issues reported by users.
- Support and enhance existing applications in compliance with specifications and standards.
- Work with other functional and/or system analysts, and serve as part of a problem solving team in addressing more complex issues.
- Provide other applications, systems and project support functions, as assigned.
- Establishes standards for the development of the guidance, recommendations, alternative options, and solutions provided to end-users in accordance with policy requirements.
- Applies quality standards and ensures all work is accurate and in compliance with departmental or project quality standards.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field and ten years of experience in IT.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of advanced IT troubleshooting with strong ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively translate, simplify and communicate technical information to diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, as well as in various team structures.
- Highly self-driven and self-motivated.
- Ability to lead and coordinate activities between multiple internal and external team members utilizing advanced business acumen, change management, and project management best practices.
- Team oriented, user-friendly, and able to elicit welcoming customer engagement.
Please make sure to provide the following documents:
1) Online Application
2) Cover letter to include two professional references
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any positions on our website, please use the following link:
Make sure that all required documents are uploaded prior to submitting the application. If you have issues with adding documents with your application, please contact HR at 210-784-2058.
Once your application is submitted, no changes or revisions can be made.
Summary of Employee Benefits
In compliance with ADA, if accommodations are needed for the application process, please contact HR at (210) 784-2058.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.