Greeley Peace Scholar Events Coordinator
Greeley Peace Scholar Events CoordinatorJob no: 506271
Position type: Hourly
Benefit Status: Non-Benefited – Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Fine Arts Humanities & Soc Sci
Applications Open: Aug 27 2020
General Summary of Position:
The Greeley Peace Scholar Board seeks an Events Coordinator. This is a part-time 9-month position (for up to two years), for an average of 10 hours per week.
- Maintain communication with Greeley Scholar(s) and guests in coordination with Greeley Committee Chairs
- Coordinate with Greeley Board Co-Chairs to develop planning meeting agendas and distributing meeting notes
- Schedule event planning meetings
- Create and manage event planning timelines
- For virtual events, work with IT to help identify the best platform for the virtual event and assist with the logistics of planning and hosting the virtual event
- If/when we return to campus:
- Identify and secure venues
- Book flights, reserve hotel, and arrange transportation for speakers
- Work with the Office of Hospitality Services and Aramark on event logistics (including but not limited to food orders, spacing needs, AV needs)
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with Zoom and/or other virtual platforms
- Advanced communication skills
- Graduate degree preferred
- Experience with project management especially in an academic setting and/or history of managing complex events with varied constituents preferred
- Experience providing rapid response to high-level requests and/or senior leadership needs preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a temporary, part-time, non-benefited, non-union position.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.