IT Professional Associate
Posting DetailsPosting NumberS05159PWorking TitleIT Professional AssociateDepartmentEITS Web & MobileAbout the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/DepartmentCollege/Unit/Department websitePosting TypeExternalRetirement PlanTRSEmployment TypeEmployeeBenefits EligibilityBenefits EligibleFull/Part timeFull TimeWork ScheduleAdditional Schedule Information
Monday – Friday, 8am-5pmAdvertised Salary$30,000 - $36,500Posting Date08/27/2020Open until filledYesClosing DateProposed Starting Date09/21/2020Special Instructions to ApplicantsLocation of VacancyAthens Area EEO Policy Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR ([email protected]).Classification TitleIT Technical/Paraprofessional/ProfessionalFLSANon-ExemptJob FamilyITFTE1.00Minimum Qualifications
Requires technical knowledge in the field acquired through an apprenticeship, a 2-year degree, or professional certificate. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Preferred QualificationsPosition Summary
This position will serve as the primary technical lead in performing general technical support for web-based content delivery applications like Brightspace D2L (eLearning Commons) and Blackboard Collaborate. Also, performing routine technical task related to eLC manual cross groups and Athena/eLC integration. Provide administration, technical support and performing routine technical tasks for the Kaltura Enterprise Service. This position will serve as a member of EITS distributed task forces and other campus committees.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies
Knowlege of learning management tools, streaming media technology, and web-conferencing required.Physical Demands
Normal office environmentIs driving a responsibility of this position?NoIs this a Position of Trust?YesDoes this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources?NoDoes this position require a P-Card? NoIs having a P-Card an essential function of this position? NoDoes this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care?NoDoes this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications)YesCredit and P-Card policy
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
Perform general technical support for web-based content delivery applications like BrightSpace D2L (eLearning Commons) and Blackboard Collaborate.
1. Assist clients with getting started with eLearning Commons and Blackboard Collaborate.
2. Perform troubleshooting to assist clients with browser compatibility issues and login problems.
3. Assist clients with the completion of routine tool usage tasks.
4. Perform routine tasks to associate eLearning Commons Course Section(s) with an instructor.
5. Create non-Athena courses.
6. Manage the referral of clients to the University System of Georgia (USG) D2L Help Desk for advanced troubleshooting.
7. Document through the “EITS Change Management Board” process any scheduled service impacting events and update the “Status" page with regular and consistent updates concerning scheduled & unscheduled service impacting events.
8. Act as the primary technical point of accountability for Brightspace D2L and Blackboard Collaborate:
- Ensure that the Principle of Least Privilege is applied to administrative accounts.
- Ensure that settings and configurations are periodically reviewed to promote stability and security.
- Ensure that system monitoring is in place and working
- Ensure that alerts from monitoring are responded to in a prompt and effective manner.
Perform routine technical task related to eLC manual cross groups and Athena/eLC integration.
1. Knowledge of and understanding of USG requirements for putting Banner Data into eLC.
2. Provide technical expertise to EITS Senior Management, eLC planning and support committee, USG GeorgiaVIEW team and the UGA Connect team on Banner/eLC integration issues.
3. Develop, document and test implementation plans for upgrades and service improvements to cross-listing and Athena/eLC integration.
4. Perform cross-listing for clients.
Provide administration, technical support and perform routine technical tasks for the Kaltura Enterprise Service.
1. Assist clients with uploading content into Kaltura.
2. Create Channels and Galleries for faculty, instructors and departments.
3. Update roles, settings and permissions for user access to Kaltura.
4. Periodically review media content and encourage departments to showcase content on the main Kaltura home page.
5. Document through the “EITS Change Management Board” process any scheduled service impacting events and update the “Status” page with regular and consistent updates concerning scheduled & unscheduled service impacting events.
6. Act as the primary technical point of accountability for Kaltura: (a) Ensure that the Principle of Least Privilege is applied to administrative accounts. (b) Ensure that settings and configurations are periodically reviewed to promote stability and security. © Ensure that system monitoring is in place and working.
Serve as a member of EITS distributed task forces and other campus committees.
1. Provides technical expertise to eLC Collaborative Administrators.
2. Provides technical expertise to EITS Senior Management via the eLC planning and support committee and the Kaltura Streaming Media support committee.
3. Provide technical expertise to the Kaltura Streaming Media support committee in the administration and strategic planning for the Kaltura service.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter