Lead Developer/Analyst (Advancement and Research)
This is a senior level technical position within Princeton’s Office of Information Technology responsible for the implementation, configuration, and support of alumni advancement and research systems designed to improve and automate business functions. Duties include requirements gathering, development, testing, maintenance, and customer support. This position works under the limited supervision of the Associate Director of Package Adoption and Configuration (PAC).Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the offices of Advancement and Dean for Research to understand technology needs related to their business functions.
- Provide guidance and technical expertise on products or system processes that meet these needs.
Evaluate, implement, configure, upgrade, test, and support software packages and vendor solutions used by the offices of Advancement and Dean for Research.
Implement and support integrations between business applications and other key University systems.
Test and deploy application upgrades, updates, and fixes.
Work with University partners and external software technical teams to resolve product issues.
Provide guidance and assistance to business office teams, other analysts and developers in troubleshooting complex system design problems.
Perform data update tasks and run batch processes as needed in support of legacy applications.
Keep abreast of changing technologies and investigate new software solutions to make recommendations for improvement.
Ensure that change management, Governance, and IT best practices are employed in processes related to supported solutions.
Lead the technical and functional sides of OIT projects, as well as actively perform complex technical tasks as required.
When provided access to personal, proprietary and/or otherwise confidential data, maintain such data in the strictest confidence and follow procedures to ensure the privacy, security, and proper use of data.
Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of PAC.
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience as an application support specialist or equivalent role in mainstream software development/support.
- Experience with processes and technologies related to the offices of the Dean for Research and Advancement.
- Experience with standard enterprise information systems in Higher Education such as Student Information Systems, Authentication, and Data Warehouse applications.
- Relational database architecture exposure and demonstrable knowledge of SQL.
- Expertise with client interface technology platforms including web services and APIs.
- Experience writing queries, reports, and programs.
- Project management skills including analyzing and developing project requirements and specifications, as well as timeline development.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Very strong interpersonal skills, communication (oral and written), and the ability to work effectively in teams. The ability to multi-task between multiple simultaneous projects.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a diverse user base having varied levels of technical proficiencies.
- The ability to work closely with business analysts and end users, and on all phases of the project life cycle.
- Demonstrate excellent grasp of customers' needs and objectives for the project and the ability to find innovative solutions to meet them.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Experience with Ellucian Advance CRM and Huron Grants systems.
- Azure fundamentals expertise or certification.
- Experience in, or knowledge of, other higher education functional areas such as HR, Finance, Student Records, Student Financials, or Financial Aid preferred
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.
Salary GradeAIT, 040Standard Weekly Hours36.25Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver’s License RequiredNo