Posting Number: SRGV4619
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Financial Services-Comptroller
Scope of Job:
To assist the Bursar in the management of the office and coordinate the all processes involving deposit and recording of all university cash receipts, including deposit of cash, checks, foreign deposits, electronic funds transfers and credit and debit card payments.
Description of Duties:
• Supervises daily office operations, including preparation, recording and transmission of the deposit of all UTRGV receipts in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Assists Bursar in the management of department activities.
• Oversees processing of departmental cash deposits ensuring accuracy of postings to oracle accounts, ensuring internal controls are in place.
• Prepares and distributes applicable financial transaction reports.
• Coordinates work schedules and verifies timecards of assigned staff.
• Schedules and coordinates training and development of temporary employees.
• Provides guidance to office staff regarding customer service and addresses and resolves any arising issues.
• Coordinates and accounts for petty cash fund, ensures charges and reimbursements are accurate, timely and allowable.
• Researches and identifies unidentified payments.
• Oversees the distribution of manual Accounts Payable and Payroll disbursement checks.
• Coordinates on-site collections departments requesting service.
• Reconciles ticket event revenues.
• Assists with Authorized Cash Handling Site cash counts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration.
Two (2) years experience in cash handling including reporting or accounting in a large volume operation and two (2) year supervisory experience.
Cash handling experience.
Personal computer and related spreadsheet and database software. Ten key calculator and other standard office machines.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Indoor office environment. May require some weekend and/or evening work or travel.
Must possess analytical and problem solving abilities. Must have ability to work under pressure and ability to interact with others.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 08/27/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25605
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency