Posting DetailsInstructions to applicants Job TitleUniversity BursarLocationAlpineDepartmentVice President Enroll ManagementJob No.Posting Date08/27/2020End DateUntil FilledYesAppointment DateSalary$95,000Required
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university plus two years of direct Ellucian Banner Student Financials experience in a higher education setting.
· Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel.
· Excellent attention to detail is essential.
· Excellent communication skills and an interpersonal service-oriented attitude.
· At least two years of supervising others.
In-depth experience/knowledge of student financials best practices in a higher education setting.Preferred
· Master’s Degree in a related field or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
· Five years of direct Ellucian Banner Student Financials experience in a higher education setting.
· Experience reviewing and preparing financial statements.
· Five or more years of supervising others.
Ellucian Banner experience in Accounts Receivables, Financial Aid, or Finance modules. Experience with Touchnet Cashiering/Payment Gateway.Primary Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinates the daily Business Office functions of cash receipts, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
· Coordinates assignment of Business Office staff during Fall, Spring, and Summer registrations and supervises the receipt and deposit of all registration payments – including payment plans.
· Performs verification process on all financial aid checks and coordinates the distribution of financial aid refunds in a timely manner to meet student needs at all Sul Ross State University locations.
· Prepares all bank deposits for SRSU’s general operating account and the SRSU Foundation operating accounts.
· Supervises the preparation of year-end adjustments and closing entries specifically in the area of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
· Assists with preparation of annual financial statements for THECB.
· Provides variance explanations and support documentation for accounting entries and prepares other analyses as requested by auditors during audit cycles by the state comptroller’s office.
· Serves as backup for the Comptroller and the Purchasing and Contract Specialist as needed.
· Maintains and implements software for Banner Student as it relates to student accounts, calculation of fees (Fee Assessment Tables), exemptions and waivers, and collection of fees related to registration.
· Performs Assessment for Late Registration, application of the No Pay Purge, and automated refunds of financial aid (direct deposit).
· Serves as the administrator for the Touchnet Cashiering/Payment Gateway System which includes the bill payment suite and payment gateway.
· Coordinates all peripheral systems regarding accounting protocols (accruals, reversals, receipting, etc.) in relation to Student Financials (Housing, Meal Plans, Parking, etc.).
· Maintains student and departmental Account and Detail codes for SRSU Student Financials (including Fee Assessment Tables) and the Foundation.
· Responsible for coordinating upgrades to the Touchnet Cashiering System.
· Reconciles the cash clearing account daily for SRSU.
· Assists with the Annual Risk Management process.
· Processes Banner Student refund checks, direct deposits, and credit card refunds.
· Processes 1098-T for students for each calendar year.
· Reviews Banner Student end of day processesOther Information
Texas Law requires a 60 day waiting period before new state employees are eligible to enroll in health insurance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Sul Ross State University to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons in accordance with their individual, job related qualifications and without consideration of race, creed, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and ancestry. Equal employment opportunities shall be afforded in all personnel actions or decisions including, but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, upgrading, promotion, demotion, termination and salary. Retaliation is prohibited against a person who opposes a discriminatory practice, files a charge, testifies, assists or participates in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
University: Sul Ross State University, located in Alpine, Texas (www.alpinetexas.com), is in the Scenic Davis Mountains of West Texas, is a member of the Texas State University System, is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees, and has an enrollment of approximately 2,000 students on campus in Alpine, Texas. At an elevation of 4,480 feet, and on the periphery of the Chihuahuan Desert, Alpine enjoys mild winters and cool summers. Davis Mountain State Park, Fort Davis National Historic Site, Big Bend National Park, and Guadalupe National Park are all within one to three hours driving distance from Alpine. More information is available regarding Sul Ross State University and position openings through our website (http://www.sulross.edu).Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).